Chapter 1: Arya Winona

I woke up to a beeping noise, and tried to remember. Where was I? What happened to me? Who am I? That last question scared me the most. I didn't even know who I was. The beeping noise sped up with my heart beat. It must be one of those heart monitor things. A nurse rushed into my... what is it called? A room? Yes a room. As I was saying, a nurse rushed into my room and let out a sigh of relief.

"Hello, my name is Jane, do you know where you are?" she asked me.

"Yes," I replied. "I'm in a hospital."

"That is very good. Do you know who you are?" Jane asked.

I thought hard and slowly a trickle of information seeped into my mind. "Yes, my name is Arya Winona. I was born December 21, 1995,"

"That's good," Jane said. "Do you know where you are from?" She asked.

I started to panic. "No, I don't remember anything other than my name and birthday," I replied.

"I guess we'll just have to put you in a foster hone until you do remember," Jane said. "Oh, before I forget, we found your bag of clothes with you, let me see where did I put them? Here they are." Jane said handing me a back pack.

I looked in the bag and saw a golden, tiger-striped feather resting on top of a pile of weapons. How can anyone think that all of these weapons are nothing but clothes? I wanted to ask Jane, but something warned me not to.

"I'll just let the doctor know that your awake and see what we can do about where you will live," Jane said walking towards the door.

"Wait!" I called out. "How long have I been asleep?" I asked her.

"You have been asleep for exactly one month. It is February 22, 2011," Jane said before closing the door.