Smokey

Smokey was out one day searching for extra food in a dumpster when he came upon a brush. He felt it, it was very soft and he decided to bring it back to his cardboard box that he lived in. "Surely" he thought "I can find a use for this brush," so he pondered any uses for it. Eventually he decided he would sleep on it, literally! And from that day onward he used it as a pillow.
     A few months later Smokey was sitting in his box, deciding wether to go to the dumpster or to that on person's yard he liked for breakfast, when a cat walked out from the ally way. She was a gray cat with dark gray stripes and she hissed and said "Give me that brush, I want it" Smokey was appalled at the rudeness of this stranger yowled a warning " I'm dangerous, don't mess with me!"
The she cat laughed and said "fine we'll just have to do this the hard way then," and she pounced on Smokey. Smokey was taken by surprise and wasn't very well muscled, so he soon was overpowered by the stranger. She hissed and yowled "stay on the ground," and Smokey was too tired to stop her as she took his beloved brush. Later that day Smokey was lay down to go to sleep, but whatever he did he couldn't fall asleep, the ground just felt too hard. Finally he decided he would get that brush back if it was the last thing he did. He jogged out of the ally way and searched. He entered a park, one of the more popular places for cats, and searched until he saw a grey and dark grey striped she cat sitting in a lump snoring. He looked closer and saw his brush clamped between two paws. He thought and though until finally he had an idea to get his brush back. He stalked boldly up to the sleeping form and pounced! She was taken by surprise and hesitated for a second too long, just long enough for Smokey to pin her to the ground. He hissed and clawed at her snout and said " we can do this the easy way or the hard way." The she cat hissed and stayed laying belly up as he grabbed his brush and ran.
   Many years later he decided to begin sleeping in your yard, because there was always something comfy to sleep on. He realized that he wouldn't need his brush to use as a pillow anymore and dropped it in your hand the next time you checked the yard for cats.