Prologue

"I walked out of the flat when he brought his first girlfriend over. I walked out the first time they kissed. I walked out the first time they 'did it'.  I walked out for his first break up. It occurs to me now that I have walked out on him, quite a lot, when his relationships have occurred. I've been there for him all other times, but not for his relationships. It's the relationships that hurt me... the relationships that bury me deeper into a dark state of depression, with every hug, every kiss, every moment they share. That is why I'm writing this letter. I couldn't keep seeing a smile put on that precious boys face, the boy that I loved with my entire heart, not put there by me, but by a girl. So with these final words, summing up most of my thoughts, I say goodbye."
Tears fell silently from the boys eyes, hitting the paper, but not smudging and words. He pulled out the pills, along with the blades, things he was accustomed to using. He swallowed all of the pills remaining, and dragged the sharp edge of the blade against his flesh, feeling the sharp metal bite deeper into his wrists than ever before. He sat there for a moment, feeling the blood slowly drain, while the pills went to work. Slowly, the edges of the world blurred, and he fell with a thump. He had expected it to be quicker, and all he could think about was the beautiful boy, sitting in the den, with a beautiful woman under his arm, and he cried. He cried when he heard the knock, and still he cried when the door was broken open, and then he stopped, for the world went black.