Percy Jackson: The Lost Goddess

I need some ideas for this story so please leave me some tips on how to improve it.

---------------------------------------------

"Come on! Faster! Lift your knees! Faster or I'll let the dogs out! Sorry not fast enough! Sick 'em!" The coach yelled. I ran faster, knowing that he wasn't joking about the dogs. They were huge, black wolf cross breeds that would kill you without a second thought. My only friend here was one of their victims. I pushed my self faster, and remembered that fateful day.

FLASH BACK

Two Months Ago:

"Come on Maya hurry!" I yelled at my only friend here. "The dogs are catching up!"

"I can't run any faster!" she yelled back.

"Come on! Please hurry!" I yelled back.

"I can't! Just leave me! Nooooo!"

I ran faster trying to escape her screams. I reached the climbing wall and quickly climbed to the top before the dogs could reach me. When I looked back, I nearly threw up. There was my only friend, the dogs feasting on her mangled remains. I wanted to turn back and help her, but I couldn't because the dogs were genetic mutations. They had human like hands so they could climb the walls and follow us through the obstacle course. The dogs that wern't feasting on my friend were climbing up after me, glaring at me with their red eyes, and I had no choice but to continue.

END OF FLASH BACK

I had reached the barbed wire and crawled under it, hearing screams behind me as the dogs caught up with the straglers. I was in front of everyone else and had survived here longer than anyone else. Breathing hard, I jumped over the viper pit and used the rope to swing over the quicksand. I climbed up to the podium and ran into the safe area. I had won again.

I walked back to my room, breathing heavily, and took a quick shower. Today was the day. I would graduate to an agent. Not many survived long enough to graduate. Oh, pardon my rude manners, I guess I didn't tell you where I am. You see, I'm at the Academy, a place where a few chosen are trained to hunt down monsters. I am one of them. I was chosen from birth, like all of the others. A horn sounded. It was time.

I walked to the branding room, where you were given your very own tatoo, one that tells others who you are. Mine would have four prongs, one for each of my talents. The first one was for speed. I could out run the cheetahs our coach occasionally sent after us. Each of the prongs had swirls on either side. The prong to the right of the top one was for my strength. I could wrestle the mutated wolves to the ground when we were pitted against them in the arena. The one to the right of that prong was for my ability to tame animals. The only animals I couldn't tame were their hybrids, the wolves being one of them. My last prong was for the strength of my mind. I could come up with battle techniques in the middle of running for my life. The mazes filled with traps were easy for me to navigate.

The branding would be painful, but it would save my life. The brand would act like a compass, pointing me in the direction of my target and warning me if there was danger nearby. After the branding, I would be sent on a mission. I would track down the monsters assigned to me and kill them. My first assignment would prove if I was worthy or not. The one that killed most of the agents. I would be assigned to kill the white dragon.

My thoughts distracted me from the pain of my branding, and it soon was over. I went to my room and gathered my supplies. Two swords, five throwing knives, a bottle of Elixor (it cures any wound, no matter how deadly, our spell casters created it), a sleeping bag, ten throwing stars, two guns, a pistol and a rifle, extra bullets, a bow with a quiver of arrows, both made of metal, flint and steel wool for starting fires, and a syringe ment to wipe my memory if my mission was compromised. All of my weapons were made of celestial bronze and imperial gold.