Why Should I Care?

Start from the beginning

I've missed him calling me that ...

A slight smile spread across my face. Surely it looked silly and resembled a love-struck teenage girl, but it didn't stop me from feeling good. "See you soon, Seiya. Please ... Don't make me regret this, " I sighed, allowing myself to be completely honest with him.

Seiya took only a few seconds to reply to me and it had me beaming brilliantly.

"You won't. I promise you this ...." were his last words before he hung up.

I texted him my address and resumed my previous activity of lounging on the couch.

Maybe you should get dressed or better yet - put on a bra.

I looked down at myself with a blush, wrapping my robe around myself tighter. Then a snort escaped me as another thought occurred.

Why should I care if I'm still in my sleepwear around my ex-boyfriend? I doubt he'd notice anything since he probably has a wife by now.

A slight sense of nausea hit me at that thought, but I shrugged it off and changed the channel of my TV.

Almost half an hour passed before a knocking sound occurred from the other side of my apartment.

He got here really fast!

I got up, moving over to the door. Readjusting my top and robe once more to make sure that I didn't magically slip out what little bit of curves I did have, I opened the door and gave him a once over.

A smirk was across his face as I gave him a once over. "Ah, I see that my Odango Atama hasn't changed one bit whenever it comes to looking me up and down, let alone wearing stuff like that, " he teased, his eyes moving over me appreciatively on his way inside.

I rolled my eyes at how he hasn't changed at all, even though one part of me seemed to not mind that since my eyes were now glued onto his jean-covered buttocks.

He turned around, smirk still present, and blew me a kiss when he realized what I was doing.

I snorted, shutting my door. "As if!" I hissed and moved back over to my kitchen. "Would you like some tea?"

Seiya shrugged, "Sure as well as ..." He paused, doing whatever behind me after I've already turned my back to him.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I placed a hand on my hip as I used the other to refill the pot. "You want what else, Seiya?" I sneered, waiting for him to just spit it out.

His eyes met mine, and I almost gasped at the intensity and heat behind it as he finally added without a hint of his earlier teasing.

"... you."

My heart and stomach basically did leaps and bounds after hearing that. I could almost went over to him and kissed him if I hadn't came back to my senses.

Resuming my task at hand of brewing tea for us both, I glared at him and snapped, "You lost me years ago after what you did, so don't even go there. And stop looking at me like that - surely your girlfriend or wife won't appreciate you doing that." I turned my back on him once more, which turned out to be a stupid mistake because before I knew it - he had his arms around my waist.

"I don't have a wife nor a girlfriend, Odango. I only want you to be either of those things, " he breathed against the shell of my ear, brushing my hair to the side.

I almost melted against him, but I turned around to glare at him once more.

"You lost that opportunity years ago, Kou, so don't go there, " I pointed out ... or at least I tried to since he was still giving me that look that he gave me weeks ago last time I've seen him.

"Would you stop looking at me like that?" I demanded, feeling basically naked and hot beneath his gaze.

But that only seemed to make him much more bolder as he smirked and leaned in closer. His body caging mine against the counter as his silky voice washed across my ears.

"Why not?" he cooed, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear and tilted my chin to meet his gaze.

His lips brushed against mine in tender caresses, sending me a blaze with all the feelings I still had for him.

"Seiya ... " I muttered against his lips, reaching my arms upward to ...

... shove him away from me to give him another glare. My arms crossed in defiance, my foot tapping impatiently.

"Tell me why I should even consider giving you another chance after you threw it away years ago. Why should I let you back into my life and risk getting hurt again? Why should I allow you back under my skin?" I went on, waiting for him to give up this stupid façade that he built up but the next thing that came from his lips left my mouth dry.

"Because I never lied or cheated on you and you know it deep down inside of you that I'm telling the truth, Usagi. We met not have known each other entirely, but you know that I'd never do such a thing to you then or now because ..."

"Because of what?" I prodded, waiting for him to say something self-centered or crack a joke.

But instead his gaze seemed to intensify as he pulled me closer to growl out those words that were my kryptonite when it comes to him.

"I love you and only you. Simple as -, " he was soon cut off as I soon found myself kissing him passionately, not wanting to let go.