Strawberry Cupcakes

Thanks to @vanessagabrielamn for suggesting this.

1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 Tbsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp fine sea salt

4 Tbsp ground freeze-dried strawberries (16 grams)

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, room temperature

3/4 cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs, room temperature

1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature

5 oz strawberries, pureed and strained

---------------------------------------------------------------

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12-muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground freeze-dried strawberries. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together butter and granulated sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined. In a small bowl, mix together milk and strawberry puree.

Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed butter. Mix at low-medium speed. Add 1/2 of the milk mixture. Continue to mix until almost combined. Add another 1/3 of flour mixture followed by the rest of the milk mixture. End with the last 1/3 of flour mixture. Continue to mix until batter is smooth and there are no longer any dry streaks of flour left.

Divide batter between 12 cupcakes. Bake for 20-24 minutes until cake is done and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for a couple of minutes before taking them out. Let cool completely on wire rack.