Chapter 1:Fate Put Us In Detention

Matthew Patrick was sitting in his seat in the classroom.lucky him it was a free period, and they were allowed to be on their phones." finally, I can watch zombie land on my tablet" he told himself and watched the movie. after a while, he felt something hit his back.he took his earphones out of his ears and turned around. Stephanie and her friends were pointing and laughing about something on her phone. he didn't understand what was so funny until his best and only friend, mark send him a photo of him being edited into an ugly zombie.the picture itself didn't bother him.its the comments below that made it hurt him the most. his heart sank when he saw the person who uploaded it on to twitter.it was Stephanie.

oh, I should have known it would be her. that bitch" he thought as he went in her direction.  

"delete.that.photo.now" he said firmly.stephanie did a thinking face."umm...no." she said and giggled. "someone should have shot her a long time ago" thought matt in annoyance.he knew it would be useless to ask her again, so instead he snitched the phone from her hands. "bring it back you nerd!" she shouted at him as she got up from her sit and chased him around the classroom. "BRING IT BACK!" she shouted again. "umm..NO!" he shouted back dryly as he ran around the classroom as fast as he could, Stephanie on his lead. finally, she succeeded to corner him.but when she tried to take her phone she couldn't because he was taller than her. by a lot.

"cordato!patrick! that's enough!" the teacher shouted ."what on earth is going on here?!" she asked. both matt and Stephanie started telling their points of view at the same time, making it very hard to understand a word. "Woah woah woah woah. calm down.now tell me one at a time whats wrong.". "he stole my phone!" said Stephanie in a rush. the teacher turned to matt and looked at him with an angry glare. "she posted a picture of me on twitter!" he said in his defence. "well, you clearly deserved it."replied Stephanie. "oh really for what?" he asked angrily. "for being a total nerd duh" said Stephanie like it was obvious. matthew tried not to burst out in anger so hard, that it almost hurt him."ok,that's it. you two get a detention after school."said the teacher. they started to complain and shout, trying to convince her to not give them a detention, but they didn't have enough time to explain because the bell rang and the teacher was already out of the classroom.

***{at detenton}***

Matthew and Stephanie sat in silence while the teacher in front of them was checking some tests.every once in a while they looked at each other with hatred looking faces. after another fit of silence, the teacher stood up. "I have an important thing to check out. don't go anywhere." said the teacher and walked out of the classroom. they both sight in relief as they finally could do anything else but sit quietly. matthew rose from his chair just like the rage that bubbled inside him. "why did you post that picture?" he asked Stephanie. stephanie looked at him and sigh. " I don't know. I guess I did it because I could..." she answered dryly. "but still, why do you call me by names and being mean to me?"I've never been mean to you.".questioned matt. "being the most popular at school is something that is very hard to achieve.I spent most of the time being Samantha's bitch.you'll never know how it feels to be ordered and bossed around by someone who is supposed to be your friend. and when Samantha got kicked out of school, I got up on the food chain. and from that moment I knew I had to keep my place, so I chose you as a target. and that worked" she said.

he said nothing, but on the inside, all sort of interesting curse words wanted to come free. before anyone could say something, a scream was coming from the hallway outside of the classroom.they shared a confused look before going to check the source of the mysterious scream. because matt was taller, he had a better view from the small window on the door. but what he saw was horrible. "shoot..." he said quietly." what?" asked Stephanie. "holy poop on a stick." he cursed under his breath. "WHAT?!" she said, still wanting to know what going on. "look outside, tell me what do you see." said Matt and Stephanie stepped forward and looked out the window. she gasped and went back from the door, horrified by the sight. "is that what think it is?" she asked. "a zombie? yup," he said. still in shock. "and he's eating..." she started saying. "our teacher. "he continued. well, what does it means? "she wondered. well, if what I think is happening is actually happening, then I think that by now, the whole school got infected."

he said with concern. Stephanie's eyes watered as the thought of death crossed her mind." I don't want to die. I haven't done nothing with my life yet." she cried in panic. "listen to me, stay close and follow my lead-I'm going to get us out of here." he said as confidence and determination were coursing through his blood. "and how are you planning on doing that?"she asked and tears were still streaming down her face. "we don't have another option. if there is one thing that I learned from movies and video games it's how to go among them without getting caught." he said. Stephanie was still very skeptical about the whole situation. "c'mon Stephanie, you know that I'm right. it's better than just wait here for them to come and get us." he said as he looked into her brown eyes. and Stephanie did knew he was right. she never imagined that she will die in a zombie apocalypse. And its worth the shot. she closed her eyes and sighed, nodding her head saying yes. Matthew could stop himself from smiling in victory .he looked out of the window.

in the hallway was only the teacher's dead body, and there was no sign of zombies nearby. he went to the teacher's desk and looked through the drawers. "what are you doing?" asked Stephanie. "I'm looking for the... hah! gotcha!" said, Matt, when he found what he was looking for. in his hands were a bunch of firecrackers in a small bag. "the teacher took it from some students the other day. it can help us escape." he said and Stephanie nodded I understatement. "when I'll count to three, we'll be out. one...two...three!" he said and they were out in the danger zone." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I hope you liked the first chapter, let me know in the comments. it's my first time publishing a fanfic that I wrote on any website, so please go easy on me if you didn't like it.