Ch.4:

ShayPOV.:

As I walked, I couldn't help but look around. Suddenly, a little girl, maybe five years old, ran into my leg, causing me to gasp.

"Oh, I-I'm sowy, I did'n mean it." She squeaked, just as a man, who I recognized as a warrior, stomped towards us.

"WHAT THE H*LL BETH! DO YOU KNOW NOTHING!" He yelled at the girl, before turning to me. "I'm sorry about the brat, I'll make sure she's punished."

'Bad man, Shay.' Moon growled.

Inwardly agreeing, I looked over the child, stifling a growl whenever I saw a bruise of cut. "Do you care about this child?"

"F*ck no!" He growled, glaring at her. "She killed her mother! My mate!"

"I'll take her off your hands." I stated as I scooped Beth, the girl, into my arms. "Awe, it's okay Beth, you just didn't see where you were going." I gasped as I 'realized' something. "Why don't you go and play with my very good friend Alice." I leaned in and 'whispered' into her ear. "Be careful, she loves to eat cookies. So make sure to hide yours."

Beth giggled, nodding and clapping. "Yes pwease!" She suddenly hugged my neck. "Can I meet her?"

I nodded, before turning to Alice, a cook I was teaching. "Hi Beth, I'm Alice!" She pulled her out of my arms and cooed. "You are sooooo cute!" She started to walk away. "Wanna help me bake some cookies?"

Turning back to face the warrior, I growled lowly at him. "If I see you hurt her, I would not hesitate to rip your head of with my bare hands!" The guard immediately left.

"I'm sorry Jamie, I just kinda lost it for a second there." I turned to Jamie, the pack member that was showing us around. I remember him, he was a closet gay. How did I know? Well, a perk of being a rare wolf, you can sometimes know how someone's mate is going to be. Key word, sometimes.

He gave me a soft, shy smile in return. "It's okay, not many would do something like that for the she-wolves and female pups. They're sadly abused like that." A soft sigh escaped him as he turned to look at me. "Lauren is one of the more unlucky ones. Since most she-wolves aren't allowed to work, she's been forced, in a way, to sell her body to get money for her and her little sister.

"The two don't even have a good place to stay in! They live in my basement for the mean while since not many want her in their houses, and all I have is a one room house with a kitchen, bathroom and basement... But it's at least something. We both pay for her little sister to go to school, but it's too much to pay anything else..."

Thinking for a bit, I turned to him. "Do you think they would like to join our pack? You could join too."

He looked at me with wide eyes. "That's too much to ask for-"

I waved him off. "No it's not, I could help you set up there. Just take your time."

"Thank you." He whispered, before looking back at the group. "Your rooms are here, so you can start unpacking if you'd like. If you need help with anything, just ask me or any of the she-wolves here." Everyone smiled and said thank you as they picked a room, leaving Flinn,  Jaime and I left. "So, follow me and I'll show you your room."

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

"I wuv you." I mumbled as I cuddled into Flinn's side.

"I 'wuv' you more." He replied with a grin before kissing my forehead. "You okay?" He asked suddenly making me look up from playing with the strings of his hoodie.

Raising an eyebrow, I looked at him through my eyelashes. "What do you mean Flynn?"

"About seeing your ex-mate again? That as-" He stopped himself when he realized what he was going to say. "Sawry, but are you feeling... Okay?"

I nodded and cuddled into his chest. "Yeah, I've moved on, 'cause I've got the best person as my actual mate. He was just a lesson I learned, and he helped me find my true destiny. You."

"Awe, you're going to make me cry Kitten." He pulled me closer and sighed. "We need to take a shower."

Sadly I agree, but I didn't want to get out of bed. "I don't wanna get put of bed." I whined.

Flynn chuckled. "Want me to turn the shower on, and while you shower I could make you some hot coco." As he said that, I bounced out of bed and ran into the bathroom. "I'll take that as a yes Kitten."

"I've got the shower, you just go make me my hot coco! And remember the whipped cream and marshmallows!!!"  I squeed as I turned on the shower. "And turn on the TV! I really wanna watch Ghost Adventures!"

His laugh faded as he left the bedroom. I stripped and put on the shower cap before getting in and grabbing my lavender and rose face cleanser. I love you. I mind-linked Flinn suddenly, a small habit I tended to do before or a little after he or I leave the other.

'Love you kitty.' He replied.

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

Short chap
Sorry,

Anyways,

Until next time,
Love, hugs, and skittle guns,
CIAO!!!