Chapter 2: The Classroom

Agatha woke up with the feeling of being watched. She looked around her - she was in a classroom, and an abandoned-looking one, at that. She was also on a wooden chair, much like a school's, as well. It didn't seem like anyone was in the room, but in a way, she could feel a familiar presence.

When she scanned the room once more, she looked back to see herself facing right in front of her. Her mirror-self stared at her deviously, saying, "You, Agatha will forever be a villain. You were not meant to be a hero - someone good! I escaped your inner 'beauty', and saved myself just to show you your true self. Our true self."

Agatha stood up, already dressed in her gown, only it was now ugly. It was torn short, and full of mud.

"No, I am meant to be good. You, are only my reflection." she replied, as she swiped her hand across her mirror-self. But instead of disappearing, she was pulled into a giant hole instead with her mirror-self's last words, "Your loss," followed by a cackle that seemed to echo in her head.

As Agatha went tumbling down the hole, she finally knew what Alice had felt. She saw things going up as she was falling down. Agatha couldn't help but tear up. Sophie was somewhere out there. She could have already found her, and went to find help. Agatha trusted Sophie, they were bestfriends. Nothing could change that.

But little did she know, while Agatha was falling down a giant hole which seemed like a bottomless pit, Sophie was screaming her lungs out. She was holding onto the grass. Hearing a million deadly whispers about her mother -

"You are evil, Sophie. Just like your mother." one raspy voice carefully whispered into her ear. Sophie felt like she was dying, being tortured to death. She then wondered about Agatha. But it quickly went away as another with a seemingly poisonous voice said, "Your mother hates you." The whispers grew louder and sharper, like they were glass shards piercing themselves into her ears. Sophie took in a deep breath, and gathered all the strength she needed.

Finger glowing bright red, she shot it towards the sky, revealing blood-red fireworks. The whispers stopped, and Sophie finally took a hold of herself. "I'm sorry, Agatha." she said, crying on the grass. Sophie figured out that it wasn't an attack. It was only a diversion for Sophie and Agatha to be separated from each other's grasps. Sophie stood up, tears running down her cheeks and grass and mud scattered all over her body.

"Agatha!" Sophie screamed. "Agatha! Where are you!?" she screamed once more. Nothing answered, but the echo of her worthless shouts. Sophie clenched her fist and burst out crying again. She knelt down on the ground, making her knees hesitate and fall. "This," she said between cries. "This, is all my fault." she told herself, as she began to wipe her tears away. She stood up, focused but more angry this time. "Agatha, i'll find you," she whispered. "I promise."

After what felt like hours, Agatha began to see a hint of what looked like a glass floor. And it began to come fast. She pointed her finger at herself, and when it began to glow sky blue she began to float down as well like a parachute. But when her foot laid one toe on what she had thought was solid glass, it disappeared and she fell into what felt like water. It began to rise and make Agatha feel dizzy. She tried her magic, but it seemed like it had no use in there.

Agatha looked up to see if she could still reach out and climb herself out, but the glass platform had somehow magically reappeared, and it had turned solid this time. She had to think of another way out. She pushed and forced herself onto the sides but it only made her feel even worse. She felt like her magic was draining out of her. The water had already reached Agatha's chin, but all she could do was lay still and close her eyes.

"Agatha!" She was even starting to hear things. "Agatha!" It went again, but louder this time. "S-sophie?" she stuttered, only managing to open one eye. "Agatha! Where are you?!" It said again, loud enough that Agatha knew Sophie was somehow above her. But that's impossible. She fell into a deep hole. There's no way she could hear Sophie from where she was. But it didn't matter to Agatha - what mattered was that Sophie was near and coming to save her. "SOPHIE!" she screamed, as loud as she could.

The water began to rise even higher, that Agatha's feet had really started to float. Agatha swam to the top, and screamed once more, "SOPHIE! I'm in here!" She banged her hands onto the solid glass platform above her, but it made no difference. "Agatha!" Sophie couldn't hear her. "Agatha! Where are you?! Please!" The last thing she heard was Sophie letting out a cry, still screaming her name, before the water finally filled up wherever Agatha was, replacing any air that she could still breathe in.

Agatha woke up once more in the same classroom she had awoken in just moments ago - before she fell into that hole. She began to recall everything that happened when she fell, and realized that she wasn't wet. And one more thing - her torn-up dress had been replaced with a new black one. It looked more of a Sunday dress though, but in a "fairy tale" kind of a way.

Something felt different with this room though, and then she saw him. A man was standing a couple of inches away from her seat, his back turned to her. She didn't hesitate - "Who are you and where am I?" she exclaimed. "Where's Sophie?!" The man didn't even dare turn around, instead he let out a chuckle. "Since when have you been friends with that blonde witch?"

She knew that voice somewhere. It was so familiar, but she couldn't quite put where she heard it before. "Have you already forgotten me, Agatha? It's only been a couple of years." he laughed. Agatha raised an eyebrow, "Who are you?"

The man laughed once more, turning around, to reveal a rather handsome face. One that looked familiar as well. "Well, Agatha," he began, walking towards her, and whispered into her ear, "I am your father."

****
Hey guys, i'm so sorry it took incredibly long - and by incredibly long, I mean two years, but anyway, like I said in my author's note, I get writer's block. Like, a lot. So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and i'm glad I published right on my deadline. Hopefully, you guys'll forgive me. Especially since i'll be giving myself deadlines from now on, so I can really start writing it more often, considering that i've been getting a lot of inspiration lately, and it would be great to put this inspiration to use with the new chapters. I will probably posting the 3rd chapter... when this chapter gets at least 10 votes. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it :)

PS: Credits to my awesome friend, kailahx for being my beta in making this chapter ;)

PPS: Since no one really bothered to send me any covers, I decided to make one for myself, with help again from my beta slash best friend x)

~inSanE_mUnDanE