"What I should do if I lose you? I can't live on without you!"

Arnold kept whispering words to Erica who was laying motionless.

"I believe she will be okay, Boss!" Jeff spoke out from driver seat.

"I hope so, Jeff! I hope so!"

Once they arrived at the gate, Alfred and few nurses was already waiting at the entrance with a bed. Arnold immediately got out and put Erica on it. The nurses pushed the bed in to the hospital, while Arnold walked with Alfred in quick steps.

"We have prepared the emergency room, we just have to prepare Erica once she got in. I had told Dad and Stacy, they'd probably informed the rest of the family and Erica's parents,  they will arrive shortly." Alfred told Arnold while paying attention to his little brother's expression.

"Thanks for doing that. My mind was in a mess that I forgot to tell them."

Alfred stopped and put his hand on Arnold's shoulder, "I know it's hard. But you have to stay strong!"

"I...  I,"

Before Arnold could answer, a nurse came to informed Alfred, "Everything is ready now, Doc!"

"Okay! Let's go!" He took a last glance at Arnold before ran with the nurse toward operating room.

Arnold followed them in a slower pace. He just realized that his body was shaking. He sat down on the bench and looking at his shaking hands. Now that she wasn't in his arms, he had come to realize that he almost lose the most precious person in his life.

"Arnold!" Martha called out to him from the corner. Andrew was right beside her.

He immediately stood up, "Mom, Dad!"

Martha hugged him, "Are you okay?"

"I am fine, Mom!" he hugged her back.

"How is she?" Andrew asked from the side.

Arnold let go of his mother and averted his father's gaze, "She's still inside, Alfred is taking out the bullet." The guilt and  sense loss came back at him. He sat down while covering his face with both hands.

Andrew patted his son on his shoulder, "She will be alright!"

"It should be me!" Arnold said in low voice.

"What?"

"It should be me, Dad! The bullet was aimed at me! It should be me who was in there, struggling between life and death, not her! I don't know how or why, but she protected me. Why did she have to do that?" His voice kept raising, then he went silent and added with sad tone, "It should not be her!" He was clenching his fist so hard that his hand was shaking.

They heard foot steps coming from the corner, and turned their gaze over.  The rest of the family had finally joined them. Stacy, Alex, Aiden and Alice were looking so worried. Mean while Erica's parents, Ethan and Elaine, were pretty calm. As former military family they had been in this kind of situation multiple time, as long as the doctor haven't announced the death there is still hope. Arthur was behind them, he looked quite serious which didn't match his usually cheerful self.