Shadow • Reader

All fan art and pictures used here do not belong to me, they belong to their respective artists. Only the one-shot you are about to read belongs to me.

Prompt:

You go to the roof of an apartment building to stargaze and find someone else there as well

》》》》》》》•《《《《《《《

Shadow

Shadow usually didn't go stargazing unless he wanted to be alone, away from anyone and everyone.

Tonight happened to be one of those nights. Sonic and co. had managed to rile him up slightly after a bit too much teasing, a bit too much mocking, and a bit too much provoking.

Although, he obviously didn't give the satisfaction of letting annoyance show on his face, he simply pretended to stay indifferent towards their antics. Keyword: Pretended.

So after Rouge excuses herself to go get more drinks, Shadow himself gets up to leave without any explanation. Not like the others were expecting one, after all.

As he heads towards the rooftop of the apartment Amy lived in- because for one reason or another, we can't hang at Sonic and tails' house- he remembered the stars he would see on the ARK and how not once did they stay in the same place, and not once did the combination of constellations repeat. It always did have a magnificent view of outer space.

Shame.

He had finally reached the top floor and climbed a short set of stairs to the door seperating him from the view that the sky would behold to him and any other stargazer on this fine night.

Shadow grabbed the knob, twisted it, and opened the door. As he walks forward, his gaze goes higher up to spot any constellations he might remember.

*a-choo!*

His head snaps to the source of the sound, eyes darting from place to place, until he spots you sitting up. Not necessarily stuck to the wall, but not exactly far away from it either.

"Excuse me" you say in a quiet, but not meek, voice while wiping your nose with a soft towel. They're always softer compared to handkerchiefs. He remembers hearing you reason after Amy, or anyone else, would ask why you used them instead of handkerchiefs.

He stares straight at you for a moment before you come to return his stare. Dumbfounded by his sudden appearance, you stay completely still in your current spot on the carpeted floor. You must have brought one out to sit on he thinks to himself.

He remembers you as one of the calmer ones in the group, or rather, one of the more attentive ones in it.

You somehow always knew what another person would need, and would act upon especially it if it wasn't something simple. You would act upon a need, like a need for comfort, not for a need like food. Well there were times you did in fact cook for others, but those times remained few.

Shadow closes his eyes and sighs frustratedly to himself before turning around and walking. It registered in his mind that you had indeed disappeared an hour and a half ago, that didn't change that he still wanted to be alone.

"W-wait!" You call after him. He stops, "s-sorry," you hesitate a bit "you can stay here, no one would mind, for sure." He turns his head slightly only to spot you standing up and dusting off your clothes.