1

"So you're saying that you had another dream about that last night?"

"Exactly. He keeps on repeating 'Stay, Mae.' but he's the one who left me. Weird, right?" I replied to my friend, Rimi. I told her about my dream last night, well, this wasn't the first time I dreamt about that. I've been having that same dream for weeks now and still I haven't seen his face.

"Hmm, not really." Rimi retorted, I looked at her weirdly. "Maybe he thinks you're a dog or something. Stay Mae! Stay!" she jested as she ruffled my hair like what you do to puppies.

"Yah!" as I swatted her hand. Me? A dog? No way! Well, I don't know. I'm too pretty to be a dog. Tss.

"You're not that pretty, Mae." Rimi said as if reading my thoughts. Bah.

"I'm prettier than you."

"Says who?"

"Says everyone, Rimi." I bickered, chortling at her aghast expression. "Whatever! Let's do our research in the library. We're way behind our thesis."

Giggling, we strutted our way to the our academy's monstrous library. Our academy boasts its vast amount of books, ranging from encyclopedias to fairytales to magazines. This was one of the reason I persuaded my mom to let me enroll in Academic Fantasy University.

As soon as we arrived in the lib, we were already in our own little bubble. Burying our faces in the books in order to finish our thesis.

Hours later, I was still emerged in one of the books.

"Mae, it's almost closing. I still have piano rehearsal so ta-ta!" Rimi bid farewell as I gave her a slight nod of goodbye.

I looked around and saw that the library was almost deserted except for the librarian and some students. I still need one reference for my thesis.

I stood up, ready to hunt for that one last reference book.

"Mae."

"Mae."

I glanced around if someone was calling my name but this section was abandoned. I put that aside as I sashayed towards the shelf.

"Was there a book like this here?" I asked myself, getting the book that caught my attention. It was dusty with golden pages. "Another Fairytale." the title says.

To say that I'm curious was the best bet, I immediately sat down and plowed through the pages.

"What's this?"

"There's nothing in here but blank pages."

"Tch. Maybe there was an ink shortage or whatever."

Before I could close the book, it lit up and a scribble of words appeared before my eyes.

I have been waiting for you, princess.

The moment the book has scripted those words, a burst of light erupted from the book and a blinding light glowed in my hand. Momentarily blinded at the sudden light, I closed my eyes and by the time I opened it..

***

"Princess, I have been waiting for you."

Shocked. Befuddled. Confused.

"WHERE AM I?!" I shrieked as I look at the tall man opposite of me, his head was bowed as if giving respect to me. "WHO ARE YOU? OH MY GOD WHERE AM I?" I asked almost hysterial.

The man rolled his eyes in irk. "I didn't know that this princess would be so loud." he murmured.

"What princess?! Yah! Where am--!"