Nothing Like This - Chapter 3

Comenzar desde el principio

“Okay…” Roxas mumbles, beginning to stitch up the wound.

I wake up a few days later, unaware of how long I have been unconscious for.

Soldier is the first person I see. He is sitting in the same chair, watching over me.

"Soldier, what happened?" I say softly, putting my hand to my head.

"Guys come here!! She's awake!!" Soldier calls.

Everyone comes downstairs in a hurry.

Firelexis is the first down the stairs.

"Really she's awake?" Firelexis says excitedly.

"Firelexis…?" I look at her. Her face is glowing with excitement.

This one word is soon followed by a deafening, "Alicia!!!!"

All of Organization 13 come running down the stairs, so excited they are running each other over!!!

They all stand around me, hugging me and telling me they all had given up hope!

I get to my feet and say, "K-Kalona, W-where is he?"

Soldier lays a hand on my shoulder and says, "We haven't seen him since the day he attacked you. He told us that he would be back. We have been keeping watch for him ever since,"

I look at them all and ask, "How long was I..."

Alex, a member of Organization 13, steps forward and says, "About 3 days. Soldier never left your side,"

Roxas steps forwards and says, "He talked non-stop. All he said was, 'I won't lose you,' over and over,"

Soldier looks at me and says, "I thought if you heard a familiar voice...."

"It's alright, Soldier. I understand," I say, wrapping my arms around his waist.

Soldier kisses my forehead lightly.

I become slightly frightened and back away from Soldier. I say slowly, "Aro, Jane, and Cairon?"

"They left after the second day. Jane was getting irritable," Alex says.

"Wait a minute!! How did I heal from that huge gash... in only a few days??" I ask.

"We have not figured that out yet, but we think it has something to do with the necklace," Roxas says, from the other side of the room.

I bite my bottom lip. The necklace! I had forgotten that I had been wearing it!!

I go upstairs, to my bedroom. Soldier follows me.

I look at the wooden floor. There are still traces of my blood on the wood.

I get to my knees and pass my fingers over the stains.

I look up at Soldier, standing in the doorway. I say, "Did I really bleed this much?"

Soldier nods, looking out the window.

I get to my feet, still staring at the dark red lines of blood.

Soldier and I go back downstairs, where everyone is waiting for us.

There is a loud crash. We all look into the kitchen. And there stands Kalona, leaning casually against the table.

"Oh, nice to see you Alicia," Kalona turns to Alex and says in a low, threatening voice, "I told you I'd be back,"

I walk to the front of the group, with my sword in my right hand.

"Oh I see you survived. But how could you have survived???" Kalona says in a confused tone.