Chapter 1- The Audition

If anybody told me eight years ago that this was going to happen, I would have just laughed in their face.

But now, my wildest dreams are coming true. This is just... improbable. 

The overall energy of this place is riding high. Some are buzzing about how well things went with the judges, while others are sitting anxiously, waiting for their chance to take the stage. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting, anticipating my moment on that oh-so-famous X-Factor stage. 

Lots of people would shaking with fear at the anticipation of this moment. However, I'm fairly calm. This process is no stranger to me, after watching my cousin do it just last year. 

"You nervous?" the girl next to me suddenly asked. 

I nodded. "Yeah, most definitely." 

She smiled, brushing a piece of her blond hair off her shoulder. "I'm Isabel, by the way." 

"Danielle." I responded, giving her a small smile. 

I can already tell that if both Isabel and I make it through, we're going to be great friends. She looks like someone I can have fun with, and also looks like someone who is trustworthy. And those are two important qualities I look for in a friend. I could be misjudging her character, but for now, I see nothing but good things in her. 

My phone vibrated in my back pocket, making me jump. Who could be texting me? I wondered. Everyone who wants to support me is right here... But once I looked at the name on the screen, it made me smile. The message is from my cousin, Andrew. 

From: Andrew 
Kill it up there today, girl. I know it's nerve-wracking, but it's all worth it in the end.  You have nothing to worry about, though. They'll have no choice but to let you go through after they hear that fantastic voice of yours ;)

Hearing that from him means so much. Last year, Andrew auditioned, and got through. However, instead of competing as a soloist, he was put into a group with two other guys. Much like how One Direction was formed. And together, the three guys make up the country trio, Restless Road. 

Of course, I don't want the public to know that- or at least, not yet. I'm going to try to keep it a secret for as long as I can, and if it comes out to the public, then so be it. After all, if someone blurts it out, there's no way to cover it up or deny it. Besides, having Andrew as my cousin may help. It will get me extra votes in the live rounds, if I make it that far. 

"Danielle Myers?" a producer asked, wandering into the room. 

I practically jumped out of my seat, and smiled widely. This is it. Now is my chance to let my voice be heard, and show the judges what I've got. A strange boost of confidence flew through me as I hugged my family, and followed the producer to the stage. Isabel gave my hand a squeeze as I walked by, mouthing good luck as well. 

"Here's your microphone. Good luck." the producer said, handing me a microphone. 

With a sigh, I clutched the microphone in my hand. After a few moments of deep breathing, I was finally ready to go out to the stage. As I walked, I tried to appear as confident as possible. Although inside, my heart is racing at a mile a minute, and I feel like I'm going to vomit. And once I saw the judges, I felt like fainting. 

"Hi, what's your name sweetie?" Demi asked me kindly. 

"I'm Danielle Myers." I said shyly. 

"Hello Danielle." Kelly Rowland said smiling. "How old are you?" 

"I'm 16 years old." I said, gaining some confidence. 

"And what song will you be singing for us today?" Simon asked, tapping his pen against the table.