Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I walk out of the doors to my school and to the tree near the bus loop. It's a huge tree that provides a lot of shade and it's my preferable spot to wait for my friends.

"Hey Bella!" Someone shouts and I turn to see Zayn. "Oh, hey!" I reply as he approaches me.

"Who are you waiting for? Listen, I know we just met but if you need a ride I can..."

"No, it's fine, I'm just waiting for Elisa."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about me."

"Oh, alright. Well, I'll see you Monday then." he says goodbye with a smile and a wave and walks to his car across the parking lot.

"Bye!" I call after him.

Elisa walks toward the tree with a scowl on her face. "What?" I ask. "I was walking with Harry but then he ditched me to talk to Camille."

"What the heck, he's so infuriating!" I almost scream.

"Tell me about it," Elisa rolls her eyes, "he ignores me every chance he gets."

"I'm sure that's not the case." I reassure her. "Whatever, I don't care." she shrugs.

I turn my attention towards the main entrance to see Harry walking out of the doors. He spots me and Elisa, ruffling his hair and walking over to us.

"Hey hoes." he greets us with a smirk.

Elisa rolls her eyes and kicks his shoe. I frown at him.

"Stop calling me names, that's rude." I say.

"Oh my god, you're so uptight. Loosen up, you know I'm just kidding." he rolls his eyes at me. I make a pouty face and he grins.

"You're dumb." I say.

"That's not very nice."

Elisa looks at us then looks away. "I'm gonna go. Bye guys." she gives a small smile and walks to the parking lot.

"Um, yeah, me too. Bye Harry." I start to walk the other way, but Harry grabs my wrist.

"No hug?" he asks. I tap my chin. "Hmm, no." I turn around. He walks in front of me with open arms. I roll my eyes playfully and give him a hug.

"Bye Bella."

***

I adjust my ponytail and take a sip from my bottle of water. I sit down next to Jessica and watch as a boy kicks the soccer ball into a goal.

"Want some?" I offer her my water and her eyes open at my voice. Even her long eyelashes are struggling to stay up in this extreme heat.

"I have one already." she states, holding up a gatorade. "But that's gatorade; do you want water?" I ask again.

She shakes her head no and tries to push some strands of black hair off of her sweaty forehead. She leans back in her red lawn chair and relaxes, rather than watching the game.

I squint my eyes, trying to see past all the sunshine that blinds my vision.

I think I am hallucinating from the heat when I see familiar curls and black ink flash across the field.

"Oh my- Jess. Jessica!" I exclaim, shaking her body from rest. "Look is that Harry?" I ask, trying to get a better look at the boy.

Jessica opens her eyes and scans the field. "Nope, goodnight."

"No, Jess I'm serious; right there, look!" I point to who I think is Harry.

"I think that is him." she says, sitting up now.

"Oh my gosh where's my phone?" I pad around my chair and find it near my butt.

"Are you going to take a picture of him or something?" she giggles and I look at her. "Uh, duh, dumb bitch." I answer, zooming in on Harry and snapping a picture.

"You're such a creeper!" she laughs. "It's called observing from a distance thank you very much."

"Harry!" she yells across the field and I hit her in the arm. "What the hell are you doing?" I smack her again.

"Stop it!" I say as Harry looks in our direction and takes a moment to identify us before he waves.

"I was just waving, calm down." she rolls her eyes. I drink some more water and slump back in my chair.

When the game is over, Harry looks at me, then looks away. "Why isn't he coming over here?" Jessica asks in frustration. "Because he doesn't like me." I say, "Let's get out of here."

I get in the passenger seat of Jessica's car as we try to pull out of the small parking lot. "Oh my god!" she says loudly. "What!?" I exclaim. "Your boyfriend doesn't look both ways before crossing the fucking street!" she rolls down the window. "I almost ran over you, prick!" she yells to Harry, honking the horn once. He laughs and runs to his friend's car. "Sorry!" he yells back.

"He's not my boyfriend." I pout.

Secretजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें