vingt-deux

"Should we wake them up?"

"What? No!"

"Well, then, do you think they're-"

"Danny, shut the fuck up before I make you."

"Like you made me last night?"

There was a hiss followed by a thump.

"I told you. It was a one-time thing. It'll never happen again. Besides, you swore you'd never talk about it."

"I never said I wouldn't talk about it. I said I'd never speak about it in front of your brother or your friends. That leaves me open to remind you about the best night of your life."

There was a scoff. "Don't flatter yourself. You weren't that impressive."

"Really. That's not what you were screaming last night."

There was a gasp then a loud smack before the door to the room was opened and eventually shut.

When the voices had faded, Rebekah made a face. She was beginning to feel increasingly uncomfortable. She attempted to open her eyes but when they just wouldn't obey, she switched tactics. Trying to move her legs, she found herself bewildered when they too wouldn't budge.

Groaning quietly, she twisted her body and frowned when she hit something hard. And warm.

She forced her eyes open and stared at the sight in front of her, completely dumbstruck.

It was Sebastian.

In her bed.

Looking unrealistically and unfairly gorgeous even when he was sleeping.

It took several moments for the fact that her boyfriend was in her bed to sink in before Rebekah felt panic spread through her chest like a fireball. Her eyes quickly scanned his peaceful face between tracing a passage down. He was, thankfully, fully dressed.

Rebekah felt herself breathe a silent sigh of relief as the memories of the previous night came flooding back. After they'd come back to her room, she'd been too tired and emotionally drained to do anything more than change her clothes and brush her teeth. All they'd done after was curl up under her blankets and she'd fallen asleep, lulled into the dreamworld by Sebastian's rhythmic breathing and the cacoon of warmth that he'd created for her.

Rebekah was intrigued as she examined Sebastian's face. His eyelashes were naturally long and curled upwards, and he had a small beauty spot just below his right eye and a very faint scar that extended from his hairline to his temple. Unable to stop herself, Rebekah traced the scar with her fingertip, her mind wandering into various scenarios where he could've gotten it.

Suddenly, his eyes flew open and focused on her, causing her to gasp and retract her hand immediately. A lazy smirk crossed his face.

"I could get used to this." His voice was low and husky. "Now give me my morning kiss."

Rebekah was appalled. "Only after I brush my teeth," she responded.

Sebastian pretended to pout. "Are you that afraid of morning breath?" He leaned forward to nibble lightly on her neck.

"Yes. And the sooner you let me brush my teeth, the sooner you'll get your kiss."

Sebastian groaned. "You drive a hard bargain, love," he grumbled. "But you've got yourself a deal."

He untangled his limbs from hers, making Rebekah grin when he snatched a kiss from her before letting her off the bed.

"You're incorrigible," she scolded light-heartedly.