Warm Up/ Stretch

Before gymnasts do any gymnastics they warm-up or stretch. Either way is fine. Here are some stretches you should do:

Legs: Stretch your legs by putting your legs in a v (this is called a straddle)  Reach over to your right and left leg one at a time and stretch as far as you can. Hold each leg stretch for 10-15 seconds.

Arms: Stretch your arms by taking one arm and putting to the opposite side, take your other arm and bend your arm and put it right in the middle of your arm. Switch and do the same thing with the other arm. Hold this stretch for 10-15 secs.

Wrists: Stretch your wrists. This is very Important. Put your wrists down in different positions and stretch them really good. You can do wrist clutches. Here's another stretch. Put your hand out as if you said STOP and  take your other hand and pull back your fingers. Make sure you feel a stretch. Hold this stretch for 15 secs.

Ankles: Your ankles are super important. Lay Down kind of like a straddle. Take one of your feet and hold your toes with one hand and make your ankles go around and around with the other hand. Do the sane with the other ankle.

Back: Your back is the most Important thing to stretch. Stretching your back also stretches out your spine. Do a cobra position by laying down face first and put your arms straight and curve your spine. You can also roll out your back by sitting, bend your knees, and roll backwards back and forth.

Now we are stretched so let's move on