"Looks like she got a few good hits. Champions these days aren't as skilled as they used to be," she said as she pulled a box out from under the bar. Jerrik shrugged out of the remains of his shirt.

"Not their fault," he said after a sip, "new ones are just looking to make a name for themselves so who better to take out than one of the oldest black champions around."

Judy looked at his chest. There was not a single spot that didn't have a scar. She took out a cotton ball and began to tend to his wounds. Jerrik sat still while she worked. He only took a sip whenever she stepped away to get another item from the medicine box.

They lapsed into silence. Jerrik watched the shadows that moved at the bottom of the door. His eyes seemed unfocused. Judy studied his face. Her eyes rolled over his graying beard and his shaggy hair. Down his muscular neck to his large horribly scarred chest. She spread the healing salve over the many lacerations and angry red burn marks. Through it all, Jerrik remained quiet.

She looked up again. Her mouth parted to ask a question. Instead, she gave a short shout. Jerrik caught her arm and kept her from completely falling out of her chair. She pointed to what had startled her, a young woman dressed in multi-colored robes.

The door to the room had never opened. There had been nothing that announced the woman's appearance. She was just there. Jerrik frowned and looked over his shoulder, his brow creasing further as the girl gave a small wave and a cheeky smile. "It's been awhile champion," she said tucking red hair behind her ear.

"God Speaker," he grunted and settled Judy back onto her chair.

"Come now," the speaker pouted, "we've known each other for a long time, you must know my name by now."

He hummed, "there are too many of you."

She nodded in understanding, "that there is and we all gots bizarre names to boot. Fine then, I'm Euphoria, part of the speakers that bring about joy and hope and all that good stuff. Currently, I'm being employed by your goddess, Kleena."

"Oh," he said. He looked at Judy. The elder woman still looked startled.

"Judy," he called to get her attention. Her eyes flicked to him but stayed mostly on the speaker, "This is official champion duties. If you would," he gestured to the door.

"I'm not finish dressing your wounds," she pointed to his chest and then down to his left leg where the pants leg was missing.

"Finish it," Euphoria said with a smile, "can't have this guy dying of infection, can we? Silly way to go for someone that has lasted this long."

She walked over to the bar and pulled down several bottles to make a drink. "Ah, it has been a long day. I've been going all over the place, spreading the good word here and there, picking up after champions. I need a break."

She dropped into the empty seat and watched Judy continue her work. Her smile widened, "no need to be scared of me," she said, "and don't tell me you're not, I can feel it."

"Well, you just pop up out of nowhere," Judy grumbled.

Euphoria giggled, "I forgets that mortals don't have powers. Not without these at least," she pulled the whip to her. "This one, in particular, is hard to wield."

"She tamed it well enough," Jerrik said.

"Oh! Jerrik the Great praising someone other than himself," Euphoria laughed, "my how you've grown. What's it been? Five. Six years since you were given your god item?"

"Twenty," he answered.

Euphoria whistled, "no ways, seriously? That is impressive. Lasting five is a feat in itself. To keep the madness off that long, what's your secret?"