1: The Reason I Knew (Part I)

Part I - Acknowledge the Mirage

"How do you know I keep my clothing in the garden shed?"

I sensed the shock in his voice, however, I saved such valuable effort, by maintaining my usual monotone glare. I was absolutely disinterested by this conversation, and saw no point in why it should continue.

So I continued to work.

"Don't ignore me you chauvinistic son of a bachelor!"

"Language, Mr.Linton!"

"Take your proper language and you can stick it up your-"

My finger twitched.

I challenged her with a glare, a slightest hint of amusement sparking inside of me.

And by slightest, I mean 0.00000000001% of amusement filled my insides.

"Just answer the question!"

"I have my connections."

He looked frustrated, but knowing him he would never give up. Not to me especially. The cold blooded miser, a chauvinist, and the richest man in England. By 1 pound and 3 pence.

"Tell. Me."

"Tell you what?"

What are you going to do seduce me?

Please.

No, shut up! Curse you inner male hormones!

"Your impossible!" He grunted away, slamming the door excessively harder than usual.

The Reason I Knew?

It had something to do with my ingenious Waste Disposal...

-------------------------------------------

"Uh.. Sahib aren't you violating her... um his, privacy?"

"Nonsense. I am not violating her privacy. You are violating her privacy."

He immediately stopped, not finding the audacity to defy me. Unlike a certain someone.

"Okay Sahib, I will begin now."

He stomped away, evidently confused why I sent him there, but he will always oblige. My trust is not entirely placed with him, but I have come to verify, he will last me a long time. I do not trust, but I verify.

I gave him very specific orders.

Any man who comes up her door, you shall dispose of them. In anyway you please.

However, I prefer shooting them down. But, for some illogical reason that is illegal in England, another reason why I hate this society.

What shall I do today?

I had done all work yesterday, and I paced hurriedly across the room- but they were more like robotics strides.

What tedious manner shall I participate in today?

It would be just entertaining to freeze hell all over right now.

Wait a second.

What happens if a male comes before Karim arrives?

What if it gets married off to sone foreign man?

What will I do! Who will be my private secretary?!

My extremely private secretary.

My entire body desires to stay here- to avoid the society, and the world.

But my mind wandered somewhere else. Wandered somewhere very illicit. I had to go there. I want to go there.

Daeglish. What if he comes?

It's affirmative then. I am leaving now.
But, why aren't my legs moving?
I stood still, center of the monotone office. Plain white. No embellishments. No happiness. So why do I feel the need to go protect that weak woman? But, that's it. She is not weak. She is not foolish.

I am weak. I am the foolish one. I spent my life indulging my fake satisfaction. My wealth doesn't amuse me. This mirage was performed, only for one reason- to forget. To pretend that had never occurred.

But it did occur. All because of me.
So I have to prevent her from eloping off, unwillingly of course. She is the only one keeping me sane. My sanity was slowly receding, and my heart was so admirably close to being consumed. Consumed by absolute hate. By wealth. And by the world. The society.

I trapped myself in an oblivion. With my monotonous lies.

---------------------------------------------

Well that took a depressing turn.

Hope you like it ^_^

\(0-0)/

٩( ᐛ )و

Please Vote and stuff xD

Sorry for the slow updates.

Help me find therapy.