f o u r t y o n e

Start from the beginning

"Then we are going to report it," He says, and I get off of him. We both stand up together, and I look up at him.

"How? I don't have any proof." I lay my hands on this chest, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"There was no witnesses?" Harry questions.

My eyes shoot up at him when the two girls come to mind. They saw what happened, and they can be counted as witnesses.

"Yes there were 2 girls, but I don't know who they are, there is no way of finding them." I sigh between tears.

"There is one way, but it's up to you if you want to do it," he states, rearranging my hair, laying it behind my shoulder.

"What do you mean?" I ask, hopeful for any solution that won't end up in Harry putting himself in danger.

"You have to issue a public statement, and use the media to find them," he explains with an uncertain voice. I would have to tell the world what happened, and ask for the witnesses to step forward, counting that they would hear about it. My stomach turns with the thought of it becoming news that I was sexually assaulted. But if it keeps Harry away from him, I feel obligated to do it, so I nod at him.

"I'll make some calls," he kisses my forehead.

"You don't have to, I know something that would work," I nod slowly, picking my phone out of my pockets. I have 7 new notifications, but I ignore them to call Louis. He picks up right away.

"Call your manager, I'll do the interview with ABC."

•

*1 day later*

"Hello, I am Diane, nice to meet you," she walks into the room, offering me her hand. I shake it gently, clearly very uncomfortable.

I wore a white dress with a flower pattern, snug and comfortable.

"You too," I try to smile, but it comes out an awkward smirk. Harry sits right next to me, holding my hand.

"I'm right here for you Claire, just let me know and we'll walk right out of here," he assures me, stroking my cheek before kissing it. He walks out of the frame, sitting down on one of the chair behind the camera.

I see myself on the live screen, captured by the giant camera. I see the unfamiliar girl staring back at me. I feel so disconnected from myself, like I don't own myself anymore.

I can't break down now. I did enough of that last night. Harry and I locked us in the house, and I spent the night crying. But now I am completely drained.