Chapter 2 : Love Don't Play Fair

The house fell silent. There was no traffic out on the street, or anyone yelling in front of the apartment like they usually are. Just the sound of the rain beginning to fall.  Kenya just sat at the edge of her bed with her face placed in her hands. She knew Sean would come around she just didn't know how long he would take. She looked over at the clock that was sitting on the night stand and it said it was 2am. She hadn't seen or heard from Sean since their little incident during the earlier part of the day. she was trying to think of things she could say to him, how she could probably fix it in the long run, but nothing seemed to come to mind. If the shoe was on the other foot she would be just as upset and probably never speak to him again. She was hoping that he would come around and at least speak to her. 

She grabbed her phone as she stood to her feet. Checking to see if she had any missed calls or text messages from him. She  only had a few missed calls from Rodney and a text from her best friend asking if she wanted to go out, she dismissed the notifications and paced back and forth in her room. She wanted to get off her chest what she was feeling but she half knew how she felt She wanted to tell somebody what happened, but she had  assumed that the whole hood knew her business by now. She tossed her phone back on her unmade bed and continued to pace back and forth.

"Please come home baby" She said sadly to herself. 

Kenya had been sending text, after text, with no luck in reaching Sean. She gave up on the idea of him coming back home that night. She just wanted him to be safe. The thoughts of him fucking his ex came back into her mind, and she quickly expelled the thought of it, Sean isn't that type of guy she kept reassuring herself. She sent one last text message and decided to call it a night, there was nothing else she could really do at this point. She turned on her TV and started watching an old episode of a different world and fell asleep. 

*BOOM BOOM* 

Kenya sprung into action as she was awaken out of her sleep.She thought the loud bang was maybe thunder then she heard it again and realized it was someone knocking on the door. She looked over at the clock again realizing she had only been sleep for an hour.  who's knocking on my door like that this late? She asked herself as she put her feet into her Pink slippers she got from Victoria Secret.  She assumed it was Sean but then again he does have a key and would have just let himself in without waking her up. She made her way down her long hallway until she reached the front door. *Boom Boom* there goes that banging again. She stood on her tip-toes and saw Rodney standing in  the door way. Rain hitting the pavement behind him. The brim of his LA hat was low covering his eyes. But she knew that Silhouette anywhere.

"Go away Rodney, its too late for all that"she said sleepily. as she turned away from the door as she attempted to walk back to her room as she was stopped in her tracks by the sound of his response.  

" You mad at me ?" he asked "I know your lil boyfriend not here so gone head and open the door Kenya"

"How would you know that Rodney? You stalking me now? And If i say no to not being mad at you  will you leave?" She questioned still looking at him through the peephole

"It depends on if you mean it. And you know you cant hide shit from me girl, you forgot who you talking too? I Know everything "

"You obviously don't know to take a hint and leave. Look Rodney that shit you pulled earlier was not cool man, so yes i'm mad at you, yes i want you to leave , and no you cant come in." She said sternly.

She wasn't in the mood for his shenanigans tonight. She was tired and ready to go back to bed. She already had a lot going on because of entertaining him before.  It would be just her luck if Sean comes home now and finds this nigga standing outside She thought to herself. But knowing Rodney's ass he was not about to leave until she opened the door for him. Either that or make a scene waking up the entire building.