new girl

i suddenly feel my whole body being shook as i faintly hear my name being called . i slowly rub my eyes and open them as i stare at my mom until she speaks .
" better wake up , you're gonna be late sweetie "
i just stare at her until i comprehend what's happening . when i finally do i feel tears start forming and my eyes begin to burn . you see i had to move schools from new york to california because my mom got some big promotion she "couldn't pass up" . i had to leave my friends and i loved them to death so this isn't easy on me , im an only child with a single mom to take care of me because my dad died when i was only 5 years of age..typical right.?
" oh sweetheart don't cry okay , i have to go but there's some granola bars in the cabinet , ill buy more groceries when i get back , just get ready " and with that she was gone . i sighed as i rolled my body outta bed and toward the boxes . i pulled out a light pink knit sweater and some black leggings . when i was done i quickly pulled up my socks and grabbed my white high top vans running down stairs .
" mommm.? " nothing , great my mom left already . i grabbed a granola bar , my backpack , and headed out the door . i waited for the bus until i heard it coming to a screeching stop , i hopped on looking at all the new faces suddenly feeling self conscious as i walked to the back , i observed every little thing that happened , from the bus driver looking at us in disgust to the peppy girls laughing in the middle . after about 15 minutes i pulled out my phone to text one of my old friends only to be jolted forward as the bus came to a stop . i peeled my face off the front seat to see everyone laughing and pointing at me . i look down and smiled , ' im noticed ' is the first thought that comes to my mind .
____________________________________
as i finally get off the bus i stare at the high school before me , " Santiago High School : Home of the Cavaliers " . i walk through what im guessing is the quad to what i believe is the front office . i push open the door to hear a toilet flush...oh this is the restroom , i quickly walk out only to bump into someone . i look up to be greeted with a look of disgust then a smile .
" um hi im ashley , are you lost or.? "
" what- oh yeah ha sorry im new , do you think you can help me find the front office for my schedule? "
"yeah of course sure come on ! " i let out a sigh of relief and for once i feel safe as far as today goes . i walk to the front as ashley walks behind me as soon as we enter the front office .
" hi im ariana walsh , im here to pick my my schedule " i lightly say . the middle aged lady looks at me before putting on a fake smile and handing me my schedule .
" do you know anyone here who might show you around child.? " i look at her slightly confused before i open my mouth to say no only for ashley to interrupt me
" yeah actually i can show her around mrs. edwards "
" wonderful . now why not go now , bye " we walk out and i hand ashley my schedule .
" okay so i have world world history with you , pe , and language arts " i smile at her grateful i have her for some classes .
" thank god , thank you so much for helping me "
" no problem . since we have history together for 4th period we can go to lunch together " just as i was about to answer the bell rang and ashley and i said our goodbyes . i walked slowly to my class only have some idiot bump into me and have his body against mine as im pushed against a wall . i lightly push them and open my eyes to be greeted by some oceanic ones , i stare into them until his body is ripped off of mine and i hear hollers being shouted from behind him . i take a look at the boy who was against me to see he's tall , blonde , and fucken attractive . there's a tall / muscular brown shaggy haired boy , a tall lean yet toned black haired boy and a another tall boy with colored hair and a punkish kinda style .
" getting girls on the first day of school already huh luke " the brunette haired boy says to the blonde one..so his name is luke
" shut up ashton " luke says to the brunette haired boy who is apparently ashton . they keep saying names as i just stand there stupidly..so luke , ashton , calum , and michael , alright i got it .
the bell rings signally im late , and on my first day . i glare at luke before speaking .
" you asshole now im late because of your stupidity ! " i say through my gritted teeth . he stares at me and i watch as a smirk plays onto his face , his friends watching intently behind him . he takes a step forward and i take one back before he speaks .
" whoops , sorry sweetheart but i honestly don't fucking care "
" shithead " was the last word i said as he begins to laugh .
" why thank you , oh by the way...welcome to Santiago..Home of the Cavaliers " and with that he turns away with his friends walking beside and behind him . i watch as they walk around the corner disappearing . ' Santiago : Home of the Cavaliers ' plays through my mind endlessly as i walked slowly and late to my 1st period .

this is an example but i had fun writing this ! let me know if you want a pt2 or another au guys :) byeee