25~JAMES-Armor

Começar do início

"Well, Kearne, You think you could show me how to use this right now?"

He gives me a playful grin which fades into a sincere nod, "I would be honored."

I'll take whatever lesson I can get...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~15 minutes later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have now become proficient and sword play. Obviously I haven't reached expert level, but Kearne and I quickly realized I have enough physical strength that managing the sword is no problem. These few minutes of practice, a warmup so to speak have given me a great boost in confidence. The armor no longer feels constructing and the sword is familiar....

"Shall we meet the others at the Bifrost?" Kearne asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes, Lets."

I wave farewell to the other guys who helped me and walk down the hall beside Kearne. He is so quiet, one would think his next destination is the underworld..instead that is mine....

"I...can't help but ask. How is it that you are so...strong? I do not believe a typical human could fend off my attacks the way you did with out previous training."

That's why he's so quiet...

"Genetics. My dad was part of an experimentation program quite a few years ago. They gave him a serum of sorts. It gave him an extended lifespan, increased physical strength, and expedited healing among other things. My mom was later injected with with similar serum that was created based on the one my dad was given. So, both of my parents were gifted with incredible qualities. I'm their son so I consider this strength my inheritance."

"Interesting. On Asgard each child is born with the gifts you deem so valuable. It is not unique to have them, in fact it would be an anomaly not to."

"Yeah..."

I think of Torrun and that moment when she first landed on our car. She was, IS powerful. We need her to defeat Ultron.

Kearne extends his hand and points to a golden orb.

"That is Heimdall's observatory. He is the keeper of the Bifrost. We will meet your friends there."

I nod and we continue to approach it. I stretch my hands and twist my neck to try and relieve some tension in my muscles. The orb seems larger and larger as we walk through the beautiful city to get to it. I hear a shriek from above as some figure goes speeding towards the observatory from above. Well it looks like someone is flying rather than walking...I'm gonna bet that's Petra...It's possible it could be Francis, but something tells me he's not in the mood.

About twenty-five feet from the "Bifrost" Kearne slowly comes to a walk.

"I must leave you here. I wish you the best of luck. Bring our princess back to us."

With those parting words he turns around and leaves me to enter the observatory alone. I quicken my pace and jog up the steps to the inside. Everyone is inside already. Funny how I'm the last one this time...

Francis approaches with a long bow cradled in his fingers. He has already strung it and I can see a large quiver of arrows strapped around him. He wears little armor, instead his "costume" appears to be made of tough leather similar to my own and maximized for flexibility. Petra and Azari, both clad in black, are chatting off to the side while Thor and a large man with a golden helmet watch with obvious concern.

"Alright, that's enough!" Francis says calling everyone to attention, including myself.

I guess he is taking point on this one... He needs too. He knows so much more than I do about Asgardians.

"We don't fully know what we are walking into. 'Could be a trap. So be ready for anything. Our objective is to free Torunn. We use all available resources and don't retreat unless the colateral damage is going to include one of your lives. In the case of a retreat, Heimdall," He points to the warrior besides Thor, "-will bring us back to Asgard via the Bifrost."

He turns to and looks directly at Heimdall. "I'm not leaving unless Torunn is coming with me. You hear?"

Heimdall says nothing, instead he exchanges a glance with Thor before carrying his sword to the large pedestal in the centre of the room.

"Hela is a superior sorceress. Do not believe anything you see in her realm. She will do everything in her power to cause you to shatter and break. Illusions are one of her favorite weapons."

Thor's words are ominous and I stow his warning away in my mind, I must sever my emotions from my logic....

Petra, oddly enough has a hint of a smile curled in her blood red lips. She flicks two large knives with her wrists and twirls them before catching them. She radiates both ferocity and beauty as her orange hair seems to glow like fire in contrast to her black costume.

Azari's face is expressionless as he stares down at the claws of his armor. He seems confident, but I am not sure that he feels comfortable with the mission itself.

Francis gives an exasperated gasp and elbows me.

"Dude, C'mon I'm waiting for you. We can't possibly leave unless you say it."

I roll my eyes look at my three teammates. "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

Heimdall slides his golden sword into what I presume to be some sort of slot and twists it. Rainbow light streams into the room. AAAAAHHHHHH....

HEY! I'm back!!!!! (: I hope you liked this chapter! JAMESSSSSS! Off to Hel/Nifleheim! What do you think will happen next?

ALSO; THE INFO ABOUT THE CONTESTS WILL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!