Chapter 2

I grab my Browning A-Bolt in .308 and head out to patrol, my Browning was the only personal belonging I still had after the invasion and it was my number one gun. I knew I'd only be using this in the off chance a Mech got closer than intended. Even so I knew Margaret would make sure I was safe and behind the Sniper Rifle so I could keep them farther away. We needed this patrol and me on it even though both Ben and Tom were against it.

"You ok lil mommy?" Hal's voice causes me to jump slightly. I look up at the eldest Mason son and force a smile feeling sick.

"Nervous. I've never been so far away from Luke and I haven't shot in a while." I respond hopping on a truck setting my gun between my legs.

"You sure you're ready for patrol, Jaymie?" Hal asks hopping up next to me and leaning back. I shake my head discreetly tears forming in my eyes as I see my two favorite boys standing near the entrance.

"Go to your family, lil momma. They need you more than we do. Tomorrow me you and Ben will go and you'll train with your gun again, but I'm asking you not be on patrol until you've had more training." Hal orders. I sigh and nod jumping from the truck, unloading my gun. I turn it in and run to my family pulling my son tight against my chest while Ben wraps his arms around me.

"What happened?" Ben asks kissing the top of my head.

"Hal ordered me off patrol until I've trained again." I whisper looking up from the sleeping baby in my arms.

"You'll be lucky if I let you go, baby. I couldn't bear knowing the woman I love is in danger." Ben says kissing me gently.

"At the rate your going to have three kids before your twenty." a voice hisses causing me to jump away from Ben.

"I actually wouldn't mind that Pope. I love this girl more than my life. She's given me a son and she's my fiancè so we may have kids." Ben says to my father. I gasp softly knowing Ben didn't know I was Pope' s daughter, no one did not even the Berserkers. My father glares at Ben before grabbing my arm roughly causing Ben to grab Lucas so I wouldn't drop him.

"No daughter of mine is gonna marry a princelet." my father says gripping my arm so tight it cuts off circulation.

"With all due respect Pope, I believe it's her decision on who she marries and has a family with." Ben hisses glaring at my father. Lucas, sensing the tension let's out a shrill cry causing Ben to jump and focus on the baby in his arms.

"Pope I think its time you let go of Jaymie." Tom's voice cuts through the madness.