Chapter 2 - A Boy

Hey... sorry for not updating earlier... I am really busy in school... Well you know how that goes... Or probably not. This is the second chapter on this book... soo....

I sprang up from my bed in an alarmingly fast speed. Dizziness erupted in my head. I clutch the wall beside me to stop the dizziness. It helped to grab to something while the world was spinning out of control. I held my head in one hand as the room swirled and shook, but finally settled down. I pushed the blanket off and left the warm and comfy bed.

Where was I? Last night rushed into my mind. Though my memories were a little fuzzy, I remembered every. Single. Thing.

I scanned the small room.

There was a bed, a table at the corner and a chair. That practically sums up the room. Well, there was the plain white walls, and the wooden door but... Wait, a door!!!

Instead of grinning there at my stupid thoughts (which was stupid, considering I forgot to see the door), I rushed quickly to the door and took a deep breath.

I reached the door handle, but suddenly, flashbacks enveloped my mind.

She gripped the handle. She was about to leave. This time, forever.

No, I can't think of that. Not now. This was a secret mission. Missions... That reminds me of... So much.

We ran around.

Playing.

"Captain, abort mission! Abort mission!"

Her voice rang in my head. Everyday I remember. Remember those times she played with me. She defended me. She loved me.

I bit back sobs. Now's not the time! Snap out of it! But I can't help myself. I staggered back as more memories come. Hit me, taunt me.

Pain throbbed at my neck. My hand flew to my neck to inspect the bite. I touched the fresh bandage and I remember that day. I didn't know how long I was unconscious or what day it was. Or even if it was night or day as there was no window.

I closed my eyes, remembering the fright that enveloped me. Blood spilled everywhere. I hate that I was scared. Scared of the hunters who killed that disgusting monster. Well, I am grateful for them saving my life, but what if I had the same fate as the monster? As that vampire?

I was deep in thoughts, so I didn't see the door open.

A deep cough made me look up. I snap open my eyes and flushed in embarrassment. I saw a boy. A handsome boy with auburn brown hair and light blue eyes which examined me as if I was a specimen. One of a kind. His face was expressionless, but when the observation was complete, he, for a millisecond, stood in disbelief.

Finally, he looked at me in the eye. Pure hatred flashed in his eyes. I, internally, flinched. Outside, I didn't show any weakness.

What did I do to him?

"Hey, what's your name?" He asked. His voice was familiar... Like the deep voice I heard yesterday. The one which told me to stay with him.

"Scarlett; Scarlett Wolf," I said, quite boldly.
"Hello, Scarlett. My name's Aiden Walker. Agent Aiden Walker. You're in the Paranormal Investigation Agency."

I gapes at him.

What. The. Hell?

My life was forever changed.

Sorry for making it soo short. I just want to thank my friends for reminding me I have a book to write!!!!!