"When he told me he loved me, you popped into my mind."

Cesaro is watching some boring movie on TV, when someone knocks on his door. When he opens the door, he's both confused and angry to see who's standing there. You. How dare you appear in his house?

"What are you doing here?" He says straight ahead, an unpleased look on his face. And that itself made your heart ache.

"I needed to see you." You reply, averting your gaze to your feet.

"Oh, now you need to see me?" He chuckles sarcastically. "I thought you had a new boy toy."

"You were not a toy." You remark, slightly angry. How could he think he was just a toy? "And yes, I have... had a boyfriend."

"Oh, poor (Y/N), boy toy got tired." He says in a mocking tone, and you felt like crying.

"No, he didn't. Actually, he told me he loved me." You snap back, managing to shut him up. The look on his face turned to confusion, then questioning. "When he told me he loved me, you popped into my mind. And I didn't say it back. Because... because I love you, not him."

He stood there looking at you, quietly, with an undecipherable expression on his face.

"Okay, I said what I had to say, I guess I'll just... leave." You mumble, stuffing your hands into your jacket's pockets and turning to leave.

"If you loved me, why did you leave me? You hurt me, you know?" He asks, making you stop in your tracks.

"I left you because I couldn't handle it. I felt so vulnerable... so afraid of the love I feel for you. It makes me feel so strong and... so weak at the same time. And I just couldn't handle it." You feel the weight on your back dissipating as you finally spilled what was stuck inside for so long.

"You're a mess." He says, making you frown, as he starts to descend the stairs to get close to you. He surprises you, pulling you closer to him by wrapping his arms around your waist and saying what you've been eager to hear all this time. "But I love you."