8

Happy Birthday to Me!!!
Birthday, the day of birth, a new life. Another day, which comes once a year and gives us a chance of having a new life and a new beginning. But rather than starting the new life, we get stuck in our old one.

That is what I've been doing too. Each and every birthday, till today's one, I had been getting more restrained, more grasped by relationships, by job, by people, by duties and by situations. But, it has to change now. Now, from this birthday, onwards.

Today, I promise myself to move forward, to be the one, who I always wanted to be and not what others wanted me to be. It is time to lead my life and not letting others lead me somewhere. I have been led and left along the way, but it has to change now. It will change now. It is a promise I mean to keep, till I live.

So, here I am, writing again, venting out my feelings, to turn the thoughts into words because they have much more permanence. I promise to leave those things, those people, those vulnerabilities behind, which and who have been holding me back from living the life I wanted.

It is going to be a new year for me. A new Kriti has taken a birth today. The girl, who is much stronger, much positive, much self reliant, much persevere, the person, who will not take a shit from anyone, who will only be the one, do the one, which she has always wanted and aspired to be and to do.

I promise myself and assure myself with the positivity, that this exit from my older self is the better entry to my new self, who will be much more confident about herself, inside and out.

So, finally, it is time to let go of the things, that no longer serve their purpose, and hold on to the things, that have a future. It is time of cleaning out dead wood and to take off the burden from my shoulders, and it is the time to give of myself.

So, I promise myself to stand alone, to take action, to start fresh and to express independence. To stand and walk out of my history and to spread my own wings to fly.