Nerves churned in my stomach, but before I could process it all I was shoved forward.

"Oi, fellas!!" Shouted the death eater behind me as he slammed the door shut. "I have something to present."

The room quieted slightly. As heads turned towards me I noticed many of them looked worn out and thin, much like the one that brought me in who was visible now in the better lighting.

"Shut it Amycus, no one needs your opinion," one of the men said irritably.

Amycus? I racked my brain, trying to remember if I had heard the name before.  I hadn't.

     "We need to set up bait," Amycus said in a firm voice.

     "Don't you think we've thought of that?" A man with darkish hair snapped. "No one will be fooled by just hanging a -"

     "This one's a Potter."

Dead silence.

     Cries and disbelief filled the room. I had to force myself to stand tall and keep my face expressionless.

     "A Potter!"

     "How dare she show her face here!!"

     "What do we do?"

     "Bait! She's perfect for it!"

     "I say we cut out her liver and feed it to the snakes!!"

     A roar of approval erupted from the table and before I knew it hands had grabbed me and started dragging me towards the corner of the room.

     I screamed.

     "Get off me!" I yelled angrily, kicking my legs as I tried to pry their hands away.

"STOOOOPP!!!"

A loud bellowing voice broke out through the room, cutting down the noise slightly.

     Amycus stood in the middle of the room, glowering darkly at his colleagues.

"Idiots! We cannot risk such luck on our anger!!" He yelled, shoving his way through the crowd. "She is our only source of anything useful in this bloody hole!"

      He tried shoving past one bulky man but instead of letting him pass like the others he whirled around, planting himself in between me and Amycus. I couldn't see his face but from the tenseness of his back I suspected he was choking my hallway companion.

     "SIXTEEN YEARS!!!" He bellowed in a deep Hungarian accent. "SIXTEEN YEARS IN THAT GOD AWFUL CELL!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I WENT THROUGH?!"

     "If you don't shut up you'll go through ten times worse!!" another man shouted, wrenching his grip from Amycus's whitening throat.

      There was a Long pause where only the sound of Amycus's loud gasps filled the air.

     "If the Ministry finds us I can assure you your second trip to Azkaban will be just as welcoming as the first," he said threateningly, voice barely over a Whisper as he stared at the bull-like face of the fuming man in front of him.

     "I've already been to Azkaban twice," the bulky man said, still accented.

     "So have I."

Right, because that's what every boy dreams to accomplish. I rolled my eyes.

      There was another Long pause, before the calm one turned around to face me. All the hands had immediately loosened on me and I yanked myself roughly away so I could stand unflinchingly under the death eater's gaze.

     "Where do you live?" He asked, still very calm as he glowered at me.

     "Go to hell."

     The look on his was face confounded of pure hatred before he struck me hard across the face.

     My head whipped back with a sudden sear of pain but I refused to cringe. Instead I let my dirt streaked hair stick to my sweaty forehead,  covering half of my marked cheek.

     "I'm not gonna ask again," he said as my head slowly rolled back up to face him. "Where do you live?"

     For a moment I was silent. What do I tell them? If I lie they'll find out and obviously kill me, so what -

     No.  No they won't kill me.  They still need me. An overwhelming sense of relief and confidence washed over me.

      "Number 4, Privet Drive," I said and was grateful to hear a convincing amount of fear and shame in my voice. It was the first place that popped into my mind.

     For a long moment the death eater stared at me like I was crazy, before he burst out laughing.

     I frowned, "What's so funny?"

    "Did you hear that?" He exclaimed to the people behind him. "Harry Potter lives in a Muggle household!"

      A roar of laughter erupted around me as half of the crowd began to waddle around the room making strange sounds at an attempt of muggle imitation. 

      I glowered darkly, suddenly having the urge to punch each of them hard in the nose.

      "EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I screamed.

     The room instantly quieted.

     "You," the death eater snapped, pointing at the only other woman in the room. "Take her to the first cell. I don't want to see her face."

"Of course, your majesty," the woman dipped into a low bow, voice dripping with sarcasm but she grabbed me anyways, pulling me towards the open doors.

     "You shouldn't have told us that," she muttered under her breath to me as we left the light of the room. She leant in so that the others wouldn't hear her.

I expected her to make a dozen more turns like the way I got there but to my surprise she made a sharp right and threw me into the cell that appeared so suddenly.

I stumbled into the darkness, my hand just balancing on the cold wall when I heard the wooden door slam shut with a thud, a quick binding spell taking place before the woman muttered again, "You shouldn't have told us anything."

"I didn't," I called to her as she started to stalk back the way she came. She paused briefly at my words. A beat of silence passed. Then she continued on her way — as if it didn't matter — leaving me in the dark dingy cell by myself.

Or so I thought.