Discovery

March 12, 2014 was the day that changed the whole world. A group of independent astronomers just happened to be pointing their equipments at the right spot and hence Dr Van Kurig and Dr Bremen became the first to discover this new exo planet. They decided to name it Ires.

This discovery got the whole world excited and curious when it was analysed that this world was potentially habitable. It was the closest habitable planet to our solar system just a light year away. The space agencies of the world came together to form the Global Space Agency or GSA to pool in their resources to explore Ires. GSA launched many experimental probes but all failed to fulfil it's mission.

It was later decided that they would test out their probes and landers on nearby planets before taking such a giant leap. Mars, the obvious choice, was fixed to be the test ground for future Ires missions.

These tests and experiments eventually lead to the colonisation of Mars in 2036 with the introduction of a new spacecraft engine named hyper drive. This was a huge success for humanity and the Mars colony grew at exponential rates.

In 2047, finally confident of its abilities, the GSA decided to put together a team of astronauts to venture to Ires and explore. It was unanimously agreed that a fresh set of astronauts would be recruited to man this exciting expedition.