One

Even thought you loved the cold weather, you hated ice skating. Sadly, you found yourself not being able to say no when your friends dragged you to Detroit's ice rink.

The moment you put on the skates you knew you were done for, you couldn't walk on those damned things. When you stepped in the ice, it only got worse. Immediately your whole body slammed against the cold ice, pain spreading through your chin. When you tried to get back on your feet, you didn't know how to do it so you fell again, this time it was your cheek against the ice.

You had never tried ice skating -it didn't catch your attention. Once again you tried to stand up, but the skate slide and you were sent forward, slightly rolling to your side. Your cheeks burnt in embarrassment as you heard your friends skate away from you and you saw them recording you.

"C'mon," someone yelled in the background. "Get on your feet sweety." Called one of your friends mockingly.

It was noisy. You could hear people around you snickering and giggling, plus the awful music chosen by the rink's staff.

You tried once again. First you made sure your hands were somehow stable and the got on your knees. Slowly you tried to get one foot on the blade, but you lost all balance and fell to your side, landing on your elbow. Your eyes burned and tears threatened to leave your eyes. You didn't want to cry.

You weren't going to give up. For what felt like the millionth time, you pushed yourself up with your hands but before you could actually move and fall again, a hand was stretched towards you. Looking up, you saw gentle eyes and a warm smile.

"Here miss, let me help you."

He kneeled at your side and his touch filled with gentleness helped you get on your knees, your back straight. "Put one of your feet as if you were proposing,"said the guy and he gestured exactly how he was kneeling,"try to get the blade of the skate straight so your foot won't slide." You did as told, glad he was holding you tight.

When you were in that position, he stood up and pulled you up. Being in your feet again you stood still, fearing falling again.

"T-thank you."You tripped over the words in embarrassment, not meeting the guys eyes.

"It's nothing, don't mind it,"he said with a bright smile waving his globed hand.

"Hey, come with us-"Ari, your friend who was telling at you got tackled by a five year old, falling to the ice and getting back to her feet quickly. You felt jealous, she was skating as if it was the easiest thing ever.

"Why don't you go with your friends?"they boy asked kindly, pointing toward them.

You froze in your spot.

"I'd rather go sit to the bench and watch them skate."

Your reply came in a soft low voice as you turned around as slowly as you could and tried to exit the rink. A soft chuckle caressed your ears. "First time skating? Don't worry I'll teach you."

"I-I-It's not n-ne-necessary-"

"Don't you want to learn?"

"It's not that, it's just that..."

"That...?" He encouraged, seeming actually hooked in the conversation.

Anything, think fast. "I really don't know a thing." It was no lie. "Please don't waste your time with me." You pleaded he would leave you alone, except the truth wasn't that.

"Mmmh, nope. That's nonsense," he told you as he pulled you closer, a hand in your shoulder and the other in your sides at the height of your ribs, he was careful not to touch your waist. He was so close, only slightly taller than you. He was basically chest against your back to support you as he instructed you how to live your legs and keep your body steady. Don't stare you thought to yourself, but his brown skin like chocolate, his dark soft eyes and perfect smile were just too good not to want to memorise.

And damn, he was staring straight back at you.

"My name is Phichit, by the way."

"That's a really nice name..."you said, trying to stop yourself from staring at him even more. "My name is..."in that moment your phone rang, opaquing your voice, but he nodded in signal that he actuality heard you.

"Such a pretty name!" He said with excitement, slowly pushing you forward as he held you.

"You are so good at this... You seem a professional,"you commented jokingly causing him to blush and laugh. And God, his laugh was perfect. Pure joy and innocence flowed of it. This time, you were certain you were staring.

"I actually am, you know?" He teased you as he kept on gesturing how to move your arms to stabilise your body. "I am a figure skater!" He seemed so exited, so proud it made your heart sting.

"R-really? That is so cool."

He smiled tilting his head a bit towards you, "Do you really think so?"

"Uh..."you hesitated for a moment. How do you tell someone you find cool their passion and excitement instead of what they actually do? "Its just that it seems beautiful the way you are passionate about it."

His smile was for you and only you, you knew by the way his eyes shined so bright. "Maybe one day you should come to see me practice. I'd love to show you my routine!" He looked so enthusiastic, almost childish. "Have you ever seen the prince and the skater?"

"Mhm... Never heard of it." You said, tilting your heard towards his chest. No, what were you doing? Immediately you straightened your back and consequently almost fell to the ice. "Sorry about that."

He shrugged it off with a chuckle.

"Don't mind it. How about this..."he trained of with a focus her in the corner of his mouth, as if he was considering a possibility. "Let's go on a date and watch the movie!"

"Straightforward" you muttered to yourself, pretty surprised.

"Well, that wasn't a straightforward no, so I'm guessing you'll now give me your number?" he asked with a smirk pulling out his phone.

You laughed and pulled your phone out of your pocket "Fair enough,"you took his phone and added your contact trying not to blush to hard.

When your friends called it a day, you were kinda indecisive in whether leaving or not. You wanted to stay longer skating with him but you didn't know how to drive and definetly didn't want to take a cab. In the end, you gave him a quick kiss in the cheek and skated to your friends.

"Nice one~" sang one of your friends.

"Shut the fuck up or I'll kill you."

"So you go a date with the cutie?"

"..."

"You did~"

"Yes!!" You squared covering your face with your hands.

You had never felt more alive than when you were thinking of his smiling face and beautiful eyes. You didn't get much sleep for thinking of them, staring back at you. Damned love.