Prologue•

THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW AND WILL NOT BE FULLY PUBLISHED (COMPLETED) UNTIL GOD KNOWS WHEN

*Unknown*

The wind blew past me, hitting my face like black ice in this freezing temperature. I could no longer pay attention to the trees zooming past my racing figure, or the hard rustles of footsteps that continued to pound behind me. The moon was full tonight, explaining his sudden urge to feed on the nearest thing. I could hear him coming. I could hear his angry growls as I didn't give up. I knew I definitely wasn't the first of his victims to run in fear. But maybe I was the first to last this long. Probably not.

I knew he was becoming frustrated with me. But, I didn't understand why he wasn't using the few powers that he could use to instantly catch me, to kill me. Maybe it's apart of his menacing game. I could see his evil grin in the back of my mind, constantly licking his blood stained lips and then disappearing.

I could suddenly feel myself falling onto the hard, damp earth with a small crack echoing throughout the dark woods. His dark figure approached me with a sinful smirk, and his eyes turning to the blood red color of the monster he is.
"Cat got your tongue cupcake? That's alright. I'm sure you'll taste just fine while you're screaming at the top of your tiny human lungs.." His raspy voice made me tremble with fear, making his smirk grow even more. He knew he was getting the best of me. He knew he was earning my fear.

Before I could say anything else, he walked away slowly, grabbing and then tossing a large group of sticks into a pile. "Don't even think about running or I'll eat you alive," he growled. I stood in my place, watching his back. He continued throwing larger sticks into the pile. I looked away for two seconds until I heard the sound of a lighter. When I looked back, a large fire was bursting and he retreated back to me.

"What are you--"

He grabbed me by my neck, dragging my limp body up with the rest of me into mid air. I gasped and choked for the air I needed, but I knew this would be my end. I'd be on the news by morning. Hell, maybe even this beast might see it. His massive hand tightened around my throat as I glared into his eyes with the life I had left. He didn't give a damn. And I was furious at that. I spat out at him, it landing on his cheek. He growled lowly before wiping it off with his glove covered hand.

He let out a booming laugh as my vision became blurry, his dark figure becoming just a fade. He dragged my body closer to the fire. "
Oh, I know I'll enjoy this so much darling. Tootles!" He laughed once more.

His hold on my neck became even tighter, surprising me. Before I could say anything else, a loud snap was heard.

And then everything was black.