-Sophie Adams

About 2 minutes after I sent that email out I got a response.

From: Scholastic Press

Subject: Job Questions

Hello again Miss Adams, I have some answers to your previous questions but I also have a question for you, I am wondering where you currently live so we can hopefully get you to the closest branch of the business. My answer to your question about starting in late June is a yes, you can hold off starting your work here until then and I also know that you are on the National team in women's volleyball and that takes up July and it is ok for you to start working after all of that is out of the way. We really want you to work for us, I hope you can work with where we have to move you.

-Dick Robinson, President of Scholastic Press

I read the email and then I started my reply.

Mr. Robinson, I currently live in Chicago, Illinois and I understand you have a branch here so hopefully I can work there so that I don't have to move. Thank you so much for still giving me the opportunity to work for you even though I can't start work for you until August.

-Sophie Adams

I immediately got a reply from him and I was extremely excited.

It is great that you live in Chicago Miss Adams, you can now work at the Scholastic Press building there in Chicago, that is if you do in fact confirm that you will take the job, I attached everything you need to know about your job and I would like you to read through it all and reply to me when you come to a decision, I hope to hear from you soon

-Dick Robinson, President of Scholastic Press

Attachment:

Job Description of a copy editor at Scholastic Press

Editors at Scholastic Press are to read manuscripts from writers and check everything over for spelling, formatting, and grammar errors. Copy editors must work on a tight timeline and work can be stressful a lot of the time.

This job position is a full time position meaning about 7 hours a day 5 days a week, but sometimes additional hours helps make deadlines happen. You will get benefits with this job including 15 sick days, 15 personal days, and all holidays, we also do something a little unusual at this company, if you have any reason to be gone for an extended period of time that is beyond your benefits, all you have to do is talk to the president of Scholastic Press (Dick Robinson) for that time off and you will either be granted or denied the time off as he sees fit. Your starting salary is 37,000 a year and will increase as the company sees fit.

You will have your own office as a copy editor so that you can do your work in peace and you will have an assistant to keep track of everything that is happening so all you have to worry about is getting everything he or she says is on your to do list since the copy editors job is one of the most important jobs at this company.

You will have to occasionally travel for business trips and for meetings with the uppers of the company so you have to be ok with travel to take this job.

After I read through the whole document I went upstairs and saw Jon was awake. He seemed to notice that I was very happy so he asked me what was going on.

What's got you so happy babe, he asked me.

Well as you know my dream job has always been to work in the writing industry and that dream has a possibility of coming true, Scholastic Press went to every university in the country asking for their best writing student and my name was mentioned at WSU and they picked me out 629 people to offer a job to, and thats not even the best part. They have a branch here in Chicago that I can work at and they said I can hold off starting until season ends and volleyball is over, what do you think about this though? I asked him after I said all of that.