Start of a new life

It took Waverly a few months to snap back to reality without Nicole, they had constantly been avoiding each other which was a hard job but if in the slight chance they did bump into each other. They were both respectful and gave a 'hey' to each other before walking off.

Through time it got better, black badge needed them both in a mission, and they did have a conversation with each other but only because they had to.

Since breaking up with Nicole, waverly felt strange and not mentally. She started getting really bad morning sickness and had a very large appetite.

Wynonna  picked up on Waverly's change in mood

and broke the news to her "dude, your pregnant"
Waverly didn't believe Wynonna at first but all the signs added up to one thing a baby.

A year later Waverly had a beautiful baby boy named Wylen Earp. She hadn't told Nicole it was hers, but obviously it was with the dark brown eyes, and hair a little darker than Waverly's. Nicole knew she was pregnant and pressed her for answers but Waverly never gave her information. She wanted to be there for her but sadly waverly didn't want that.

When she took Wylen home. She felt it was wrong to keep such a secret from Nicole seeming nearly everyone knew that Nicole  was also Wylen's  mom.

She entered the police office in search of the young police officer and saw her, asleep on her desk, paperwork all done. Waverly couldn't help but feel sorry for her, she looked like she hadn't slept in days and that was actually very true. The thought of that baby was playing on Nicole's  mind ever since she was told Waverly had him. I mean the officer doesn't even know his name which hurts.

Nicole was awoken by sounds of a baby's cry. She opened her eyes a little to see Waverly admiring her by the other end of the desk. The redhead woke up quickly hitting her knee on the desk when standing up

"Waverly" she said excitingly.

Nicole knew when Waverly was trying to get her words out but couldn't, she'd seen it when getting  dumped, after turning her attention to the baby in the smaller woman's arms, her heart skipped, it looked just like her Nicole thought.

The officer invited Waverly in the staff room for some privacy.

When Waverly sat down on the couch next to The redhead,  coffee in one hand, it suprised Nicole when Waverly decided to take Nicole's  cup of coffee from her hand and place it down.

When Nicole was just about to question the smaller Earp watching as the coffee was taken, the baby was placed in the officers arms.

The redhead was definitely shocked, after getting the message that Waverly wouldn't talk to her about their son.

Nicole was about to thank her ex and question whether it was in fact hers but the brunette beat her to it

Waverly burst out  "meet your new son". Before the officer could talk.

Nicole felt overwhelmed and her heart felt like it was coming out of her chest. She snapped back into reality and looked down at the baby boy admiring how handsome he looked,

"hey" she whispered
Wylen smiled and immediately started laughing, which made Waverly upset with the fact they could've had a life together.

"Wylen" Waverly whispered

"What?"

"His names Wylen Earp"

She hugged him closer and Waverly knew straight away the redhead approved of the name, she knew that Nicole would approve of anything if I was happy.

"Can I be there for him?" Nicole asked tears in her eyes.

"Of course"  Waverly answered suddenly.

There wasn't a doubt in the brunettes eyes that Nicole didn't love Wylen, just seeing the redhead cuddle up to her baby felt special,

She wished Nicole had been there during birth, it was painful, and throughout the process all she wanted was the officer to be by her side, holding onto her hand, and watching her like she was the only one in the world.

To be continued....