Destroyed

Note: Hey guys this is my first story on Wattpad so please give it a chance and share it with friends! Just keep in mind that sometimes uploads will be slow because I don't really have time to write during the school year (I am in high school). Thanks for reading! <3333

FYI: Everything I have written is my own work. Do not steal it!

------Chapter One------

My head is spinning. My heart hurts. My throat burns.

Everything aches.

I stumble down the sidewalk. My hair, which resembles a bird's nest, looms over my head like a long term project, and my fingernails have basically been bitten off. The humidity in the air swarms my body, causing sweat to race down my face and dampen my eyes.

Is everything supposed to fall apart like this?

The words my mom spoke to me are etched permanently in my mind. "You're going to boarding school. Hopefully you don't end up like Blakeley."

Boarding school. Oh god I'm going to puke. Everything I've built in my life, all of friends, my family, I'm abandoning it all for what?

Oh yes, to finish my last two years of high school in some dorm on the east coast.

And Blakeley, the poor thing must be scared out of her mind. Right when her big sister is leaving, she's gone and gotten herself pregnant by that jackass of a boyfriend. I want to be there for her through it all. I want to be there when she gives birth. I want to be there for her child's first birthday. My sister is not an independent person, and right now, she needs me. She's only fifteen, and our parents are devastated by the thought of their daughter having a child.

The fights they have with Blakeley have just about pushed me to the breaking point, and they are not only fed up with her, but also each other. Leave it to my parents to fight about the simplest things and have it evolve into a full blown lawsuit. My mom hates my dad. My dad hates my mom.

A part of me wishes we could just go back in time to when we were a perfect family and everything was fine. Maybe their way of coping is sending me off to boarding school, though a part of me thinks that my parents just want an excuse to get rid of me.

And what of my best friends, Matt and Nina? The two amazing people that I have grown up with? Well obviously my parents want me to burn that bridge.

My heart clenches at leaving Aiden, too. He's my loving boyfriend of one year. My whole world. All I want to do right now is talk to him about everything that has been happening recently. I have to let him know how much I want our relationship to continue and how much I depend on him.

He is all I have left now.

My heels click as I burst into the party, searching for Aiden. After some family drama, I left dinner with my parents early. I know he will be here, and I yearn for his delicate touch, for his hand to cup my face and tell me that everything is going to be okay. I realized early on that he is my rock.

The house is loud, and though the noise doesn't help my incoming headache, it does clear my thoughts. Darrick is known in our town for throwing the wildest parties, especially when his parents leave on "business trips". It is obvious that his mom is a slut, and she's really just thirsty for an older man with loads of cash. Darrick's dad knows too, but like his son, he doesn't care. He's a coward, and he's been running from his problems his whole life.

I guess I can't really blame him for running. It's what I've been doing, too. Running away is so much easier than staying.

As I search through the crowd, looking out of place in my simple white tank top and jean shorts, I suddenly feel claustrophobic. The walls cave in, and the hot bodies merge into one crowd, that moves where the music takes them. They suffocate me, and I can almost feel the pulse of each person reverberating from their movements. I struggle to push my way through blurred faces and couples grinding, wondering why Aiden liked attending these parties in the first place.