"Yes, let's go."

Walking through the corridor, Alanna didn't notice she was still holding Remus' hand until he cleared his throat and pulled his hand away slowly. Alanna's face turned red.

"Sorry," she muttered sheepishly, rubbing her arm. Remus shook his head.

"No, it's fine."

"I didn't even notice," Alanna murmured.

"I said it's fine," Remus told her firmly. "It's fine."

Alanna giggled suddenly, making Remus glance over at her. "What?" he asked in confusion.

"Oh, nothing. Just a conversation I remember having with my sister Melanie once."

"Alright."

The two walked on as the silence grew more awkward with every passing second. Alanna clicked her tongue, unsure of what to talk about while Remus seemed seemingly content in the silence.

"So I heard from Bonnie Ashton that you and Tiffany were up quite late last night," Remus said. Alanna let out a quiet breath, thankful for the distracting topic.

"Uh, yeah," Alanna answered. She cleared her throat. "We were."

Remus smirked. "What were you doing?" he asked.

Alanna was growing redder by the second. "Talking."

"About what?" he asked flatly. "Boys?"

Alanna chuckled, her face becoming almost tomato red. "No way. Why would we talk about boys? What boys would we talk about?"

Remus shrugged. "I dunno. The Pilirs?" he suggested.

Alanna's jaw dropped. "Wait, are you meaning just boys in general or ... y'know ..."

Remus gestured for her to continue, as he just wanted her to say it. Alanna sighed.

"Or actually liking boys?" she said flatly. "Because if you were wondering, yes, we were talking about liking boys. And no, it was definitely not the Pilir twins. That's just gross!" she gagged. Remus sighed in internal relief. He was glad that Alanna didn't have a crush on Luke, or Leonard, for that matter.

Not really wanting to discuss the topic any further, Alanna tried to switch the conversation and turn it against Remus.

"So what? I bet you and the other boys talk about girls all the time," she said slyly. Now it was Remus' turn to become cherry red. She laughed. "So you do!"

"N-no," he stuttered, making Alanna giggle quietly to herself.

"C'mon, Remus, you can tell me. I promise I won't tell her that you like her."

Remus began walking faster to try and avoid the conversation. Alanna noted this and jumped in front of him. Remus sighed in irritation, trying to move around Alanna. She smirked as she jumped in front of him again, blocking him from going anywhere except back, which would only take them longer to get to class.

"Tell me," Alanna demanded.

"If you tell me who you have a crush on, I'll tell you mine," Remus comprimised. Alanna shrugged.

"Sure thing. Nobody."

Remus jerked his head back, shocked. "What?"

"I don't like anyone. I don't have a crush on anybody. And when I say this, I mean it. I swear I'm telling the truth."

Remus narrowed his eyes at her.

"C'mon, we agreed to tell each other!" Alanna whined. She jutted out her lower lip in a pitiful pout, making Remus even more nervous than he was before. He shook his head, chickening out.

"No."

"Remus!" Alanna said in a high-pitched voice. "C'mon, who do you like? I know you like someone, and I think I know who it is."

Remus' eyes widened. "You do?" he asked, his curiousity getting the best of him.

Alanna nodded. "Yup! But I won't know for sure until you tell me."

Remus looked at the floor as a sudden burst of confidence erupted inside him.

"It's you," he muttered.

"Sorry? I didn't catch that," Alanna said, lowering her head so that she could hear him. Remus sighed. He had to do it again.

"It's you," he said, louder this time. Alanna jerked her head away from him and took a few steps back, alarming Remus.

"Allie?"

"Well I sure wasn't expecting that!"