Nothing Like This - Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

He has gone to retrieve his sword. He does not know that it is me; he thinks that I am an impostor. He goes around the couch and points the sword at me.

I look at him compassionately. I say softly, “Soldier, do not be afraid of me. I told you that I love you. And I always will love you. You stayed with me. That is all that I asked.  You kept your promise, that is more than I could ever ask for,”

Soldier looks at me, now realizing that it is me. I smile and sing softly, “This is the last night you’ll spend alone. Look me in the eyes so I know you know, I’m everywhere you want me to be. The last night you’ll spend alone. I’ll wrap you in my arms and I won’t let go. I’m everything you need me to be,”

Soldier wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight to his chest. He says happily, “Alicia it is you!”

I reluctantly push Soldier away and say, “Soldier, you realize that it is highly dangerous to be around me now?”

Soldier shakes his head and says, “I don’t care! You’re still alive that is all that matters to me!!”

I look around and whisper, “There is someone here!”

“How do y-…”

Suddenly there is a loud, aggressive knock at the front door.

I say quickly, “Go upstairs. Find somewhere to hide, somewhere out of sight. I will find you when everything is under control. Okay?”

Soldier nods and rushes upstairs as quietly as he can.

I take a deep breath and open the door. All of Organization 13 stands in the doorway. Roxas stands at the front of the group, looking at me carefully.

I step aside, inviting them inside. I go to the radio and change the CD to “Awake” by Skillet and change the song to “Dead Inside”

They all come inside and stand in the living room. I begin talking with them.

“I told you I would never give it to you! Why are you so persistent in getting it from me?” I say, closing the front door.

“We need it and you know that! I’ve searched for it for years and now I’ve finally tracked it down!! I’m not leaving here without it,” Roxas says, watching me.

I laugh, “Then you’ll just have to stay here. I told you once and I’ll tell you again… You are never getting it,”

He grabs the front of my shirt and spits through his teeth, “Give it to me!!!”

I stare angrily at him, “No,”

Roxas throws me across the room and into the wall.

I curse under my breath, getting quickly to my feet.

All turns to chaos as I try to negotiate with them.

“Soldier, help me!!!” I yell, struggling with Roxas, who now holds his sword to my throat.

Soldier hears the panic in my voice and rushes down the stairs. He stops at the bottom of the stairs, staring at the sight before him. I stand in the middle of the living room, Roxas holding his sword to my throat.

Soldier draws his sword. The other members, who stand around Roxas and I, bring their swords out and stand ready.

I look at Soldier helplessly. I feel the blade of the sword touch my neck. I close my eyes, one stray tear falls down my cheek. I grit my teeth as I feel Roxas putting more pressure on the sword.

 Roxas says calmly, “If you want her to live, you will do exactly what I say!”

 I look at him, shaking my hands one after the other, telling him, “No don’t. I can handle this on my own!”