Chapter 2

"Serena-chan, wait!" Shauna yelled just as Serena was about topass through the gate.

"You're gonna be my opponent in my Pokémon-battling debut! OK, Li'l Chespin! It's our first battle!"

My first battle with Serena! Shauna thought to herself.

"Let's win it with style!"

*3 minutes later*

"Hey! I wasn't done watching my cute Li'l Chespin yet! You're amazing, Serena-chan! Here, let me fix up your Pokémon.  ♪ Say hi to your mom for me!  ♪" She took off in the other direction.

When Serena got home her mom stopped her at the door.

"So! WHat did you and the neighbor kids end up doing? Wait one second, Serena! Is that a Poké Ball you have there? You got your very own Pokémon? Lucky you! How about that? You're a Pokémon Trainer now, too! Congratulations!"

"Oh yeah, Professor Sycamore asked me to give you this letter." Said Serena.

"Huh? A letter for me? What could it be? A love letter? ... ... ... Wow, what lovely handwriting... Hmm? What do we have here? A request... Oh! I see! Serena! We've barely unpacked, and all kinds of exciting things are happening! OK! Let's get you and Fennekin ready for your journey!" Serena's mom when upstairs then came back down with a suitcase.

"Here you are, Serena. I even packed a change of clothes.My, what an unexpected turn of events! It's just like a sudden last burst of speed froma racer in a Rhyhorn race! You made friends! You met your Pokémon! And now you get to take a lap around Kalos! Oh, and don't forget this!" Serena's mom handed her a town map.

"I don't know what Professor Sycamore wants you to see on your trip... But taking a journey with your Pokémon is a really wonderful expirience."

And with that, Serena set out on her journey.