(1) The Meeting

Warnings: Blood(very little)

The waves lapped along the white sand lining the beach, sea life scurrying around to bask in the warmth the suns golden rays provided. The beach was almost empty except for the cluster of crabs scuttling over the little mounds of sand and a large ship rocking against the gentle waves, seemingly quite empty as well besides the strange troll sliding down the ladder to the water below. His boots making a splash as he landed any small bait fish around him rather quickly scattering away in fear or surprise of the rather sudden intrusion breaking the waters surface. The large troll couldn't care less despite being a seadweller, those little guppies were far below his standards. He preferred the real fish such as sharks and orcas, the real deal of the ocean, rather than the puny feeder fish that swam in panic around his boots while the troll continued his swift walk to the shore, cutting through the water with such ease and grace.

Heavy scars cut across his roguish face, cutting over his one white slightly squinted eye the other a healthy yellow hue, creating deep groves that went over the bridge of his nose and barely made it to the opposite side cheek bone. The scars dominating his whole face whereas bold, scarred and torn ear-fins flapped at the sides of his head jingling from the golden loops decorating the tears. More golden loops on his fingers as well, the metal also accessorized with gems of different colors, majority being just gold, including bands of the sun color wrapped around his wrists.

The presumably purple blood continued his walk until he was several feet past the water line where the laps of the waves went highest on the sand, casting his one good eye out while his men were out savaging the forestry for anything they could use; which including very much desired food. However this wasn't what he was doing all he was doing was simply scouting the land, searching for any life on this tiny island he stopped at. If he could find any lusi on any island he docked at it would be a happy kill for the ugly beast the Heiress has as her own lusi. Unfortunately that is the job he trained for during his younger sweeps, to hunt and kill all lusi he tracked down to feed the one that could kill them all. But he's gotten past the trauma of it, he had a job to do. No one understood that if he didn't feed the Horrorterror all of them died. Killing lusi was a small price to pay.

On his relaxing stroll across the sand he noticed foot prints, the water unable to wash these ones away from how far they were, closer to the forest line rather than the waves. They weren't lusi but more like bare feet, taking a kneel the troll touched over the green hued droplets of blood painting the golden sand behind the foot prints. Lifting his head in direction of the prints he got up quickly in pursue of whatever made these tracks. Obviously another troll of course, but who? Who in all of Alternia would be on this deserted island? He continued on his way turning around a bend after a couple minutes stopping in his tracks. Staring at a small slave ship tipped sideways in the shallows, jagged rocks jarring up from the water. The damage to the boat was clear, the ship might have lost its way in yesterday's fog early in the morning and rammed into the rocks, causing mass damage to the bow and the hull. Taking only seconds to bring down the smaller sized ship and all inside at the mercy of the waves slamming into the rocks. Without sight of any bodies he assumed they had been eaten by the predatory sea life and pecked at by the looming seagulls.

Releasing a sigh the pirate glanced down to the small set of tracks that came from the rocks, trailing over towards the forest line in front of the sunken ship. Furrowing his eyebrows rather suspiciously he began to think about how the tracks were. The heels dug in further than they should have with lightness in the toe formations, that's not right it should be the other way around. Unless...

The man whipped around his hands shooting up to grab a slab of wood trying to come down upon his head now simply an inch from his face, his one eye opened a bit wide in surprise but snarled showing his shark-like teeth. Lifting a boot to kick his attacker and knock away their balance. Throwing the plank aside he moved to grab the handle of the sword at his side stopping as he stared down at a woman in ripped rags, dirty with heavy shackles around her neck, wrists, and ankles. She looked wounded her green colored blood dribbling from her side, inches from where he had kicked her stomach.

Stopping from drawing his weapon he stared down to her, listening to her ragged tired breathing as he remained upon the sand gazing at the wound bleeding through the shirt. Her eyes opened returning the man's gaze, staring at another in twined shock.

That's when he noticed the shard of wood stabbing through the shirt at her side. Protruding from her like the ships remains in the water.