Chocolate Trouble

"What in the world am I doing..?"

A dark-haired teenage girl with golden eyes finds herself standing outside of her boyfriend's house. Well, she's actually been standing there for about five minutes, having a mental battle in her head about whether she should knock on the door or leave.

Just as Misaki was about to give the door a few knocks, she heard a chuckle come from somewhere behind her. She quickly spun around, ready to fight off the offender, but instead found a handsome, tall young man with stunning emerald eyes, also known as her boyfriend, Usui Takumi.

"Wha- H-How long have you been standing there?" she demanded, a blush making its way onto her cheeks.

"Hmm, since you arrived at my door, of course. You didn't notice me in the elevator with you?" he raised an eyebrow, obviously amused. Misaki just stared at him in disbelief.

"Y-you perverted stalker! You should've said something!" she shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at him. He walked towards her, closing the distance between them.

"Yes yes, it's all my fault," he soothed, pulling her smaller figure into a hug. Her face turned an even darker shade of red, although she didn't struggle in his warm arms. He pushed a stray hair out of her face, before whispering in her ear, "You were just too cute, I couldn't help myself."

That sure got a reaction out of the raven-haired girl, as she pushed her way out his arms, and smacked him on the head.

"S-shut up, you perverted alien!" she yelled, still an evident blush stuck on her face. Usui lifted his hands up in surrender, before muttering something along the lines of, "my neighbors must hate me..."

Usui grabbed a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door, holding it opening and motioning for Misaki to go inside. She flipped her hair indignantly behind her shoulder, then practically stomped into the apartment. Usui just smiled. She never ceased to entertain him.

Misaki took off her shoes, as did Usui, and she jumped onto the couch, enjoying the feeling of the soft fabric beneath her. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"Hey, Misaki, I'm going to take a shower. Make yourself at home," he said, adding the last part as a joke, for she was already half-asleep on his couch. She mumbled an okay, before her phone chimed, signaling her that she had a message. Misaki glared at the object that had interrupted her peace.

"This better be important..." she groaned, picking up her phone. It was a new model that Usui had bought her, even though she insisted that he shouldn't waste his money on things for her. He responded with a "nothing I spend on Misaki is a waste". She smiled at the memory.

The message was from Sakura, her best friend. It read, "Misaki! Have you made anything for Usui yet?" Misaki was confused. She quickly typed back. "No, why would I make something for him..?"

Sakura, receiving the message, face-palmed. Her next text to Misaki read, "Oh, I don't know, maybe because tomorrow is Valentine's Day?"

Misaki read the message and practically jumped off the couch. How could she have forgotten? Usui was so sweet to her and SHE FORGOT TO MAKE HIM SOMETHING FOR VALENTINE'S DAY?

Misaki quickly searched a chocolate truffle recipe on Google, and clicked on the one that looked easiest. She made a mad dash for the kitchen, before grabbing all the ingredients listed on the site. Sure, she was using HIS stuff to make HIS gift, but it was the thought that counted, right?

"Pour a cup of chocolate chips into a bowl," she read. Easy. Grabbing a glass cup, she filled it to the brim, before transferring that to another bowl. Done.