Part 3

As she hung up the phone, her mate spoke Love. They will be fine. They have always belonged together. he explained.

Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself? I'm surprised he waited so long. It's about time. Now finally we might get a grandbaby or two. She teased. I love you. Finish working, and we can celebrate tonight. she promised.

Malcolm and Kyra found a small apartment and secured it, instead of visiting home, as earlier planned. The young couple along with their friends moved into their new place. Brenda, and a few friends helped Kyra pack her things, and Matt and Kev helped Malcolm. The Alpha's provided basic furnishings for the young couple, so they only had to pay moving fees and not purchase furniture.

The next weekend, Malcolm and Kyra went home. The Alphas and their families welcomed them. Nina had just returned from a short visit with Nicolette and was happy to have her baby and new son-in-law visit. Kyra and Malcolm stayed with her parents for their first night at home and then his parents on the second night. The weekend ended and they returned to school. During the visit, the young couple met with the alphas and both sets of parents. They explained their plans for the future. Their families were proud and supportive.

Celia and Julia spent time with Kyra and the young ladies talked, as did Malcolm, BJ, and Blaine. He swore to her brothers that he loved her beyond reason and would take care of her. They knew he spoke the truth because he always did so. Nicolette called and spoke with the young couple. She congratulated them and wished them the best. Next they spoke with her mate, Gernick. Kyra was slowly warming to him, and he knew she didn't trust him completely, but he wanted to say congratulations as well.

Mrs. Valdez cried because she felt like her last baby had finally grown up. Kyra told her that she would always be her baby. The day went on and on, before long it was night and the young couple needed time alone. Each family gave them the privacy they needed as each night they went into their childhood bedrooms.

Soon it was time to return to their apartment. They hugged their families' good bye and returned to their small home. Learning to live together was an adjustment, but they persevered. Malcolm was messy; Kyra was too neat. He'd drop things; she'd pick things up. But each night they made sure they told the other of their love. They lived in the small apartment until they finished college, and then for a brief while rented a two bedroom apartment in town. Eventually, Malcolm was earning enough to purchase a home. Of course, they built there home at the compound.

The day their home was finished, Malcolm and Kyra made love in every room. It was at the end of their marathon love making sessions, that Kyra sensed the presence of someone new.. It was the strangest, most wonderful sensation. She was pregnant. She gasped and Malcolm was instantly concerned.

"Um, baby, which room will be the nursery?" she asked. Malcolm didn't understand at first. It was a rather large house. It had five bedrooms, why would she want to grow plants. "Then it dawned on him. "A baby, you're... Don't move. Don't lift a finger. I've got to call Mom. She's been bugging me about grandkids for years. Oh, Kyra. I'm a Dad. I'm going to be a Dad. Wait. We need furniture. We need to start a college fund. There's so much."

Kyra chuckled, watching her frazzled mate. "Baby, we have nine months before they arrive. And eighteen years to provide everything they need. Calm down," she whispered to him.

"Wait, they? Did you say they, as in more than one? Oh God twins, we're having twins. Mom will freak. I have to call Matt. He'll be over the moon." Kyra smiled as she thought of their friend. He'd graduated and started his own business. He and Gina reconnected and were marrying in a few months. Her family met Matt and her father actually apologized to him. Gina regretted aborting their child, and Matt forgave her. After all, he loved her, and understood her fear. Malcolm continued to rant as Kyra stood, shaking her head, and laughing at her mate. If he was this excited at the prospect of twins, he might pass out when he learned that it was triplets.

*****

THE END

Thank you all for reading Kyra's and Malcolm's story. I hope you enjoyed it. Their story is special because in my opinion, the sweetest couples usually start as just friends. Well, anyway, I really enjoyed telling their tale. Please comment and share your thoughts. I'd love to know what you think.