Scribbles

25: Loving the Distance (romance)

They were the couple that just couldn't seem to happen at the right times. Brandy and Daniel were always close friends, and everyone expected them to become something more. But all throughout school, they resisted the easy option and dated other people. In the summer before their senior year, they finally decided to give it a shot, only for Brandy's grandfather to die and she has to leave the country for most of the summer to help her grandmother. When she gets back, Daniel already had another woman in his life and senior year went as the rest of their school times did, with them as just best friends. When Daniel's girlfriend breaks up with him at prom, Brandy and Danny end up sleeping together but then they both claim it was just the alcohol, not sure how the other feels. And because they never really talked about it, Brandy has no clue how to tell him that she's pregnant. To compound matters, he announces to all that he has joined the military and will be deploying on a five year contract, never giving Brandy the chance to tell him at all. Not wanting to distract him with the news of his new family, she decides to wait the five years, teaching their child about their father. So imagine her surprise when he comes home with a new bride.

26: Met You Your Match? (fantasy/adventure)

Hart O'Hara is one of the Sentinels, special beings born to protect the land from disbalance. While the rest of the world goes on as normal, Hart and the other Sentinels are anything but. Each Sentinel is born bonded to another, the two of them sharing a balance of power. Seperated, the Sentinels are powerful but not invincible. Brought together, they are a force that can destroy the very universe. So what happens when fully half the Sentinels turn against the others? Will the so called protectors be the very things that destroy the precious balance in the world?

27: Something Special (paranormal teen fiction)

Piper was raised in a family that was anything but normal. Her parents are spellcasters, her brother is a skin walker and her sister is a talented witch. Growing up in a small community for the supernatural, Pip always though that she would be something special too. But after years of stunning normalicy, Piper has finally realized that she really is just a plain, ordinary human, with nothing to make her stick out in her world of the wonderfully weird. When the rest of her community realizes that she isn't like them, they start to mistreat the 'normal', heaping prejudice and abuse upon her for being a 'dirty human'. Some even go so far as to suggest that she isn't actually her parent's daughter, a changeling and that the real, special girl is somewhere else. Hurt and cast out, Pip leaves her whole world behind, never planning to return. If they don't want her, she doesn't want them! But when she just happens to overhear some redneck, hunter low lives discussing slaughtering her entire community, Piper has to chose between making a place for herself in the world of the humans or going back to those that wanted nothing to do with her.

28. Mating Sucks (vampire/werewolf humour and romance)

The world knows that certain creatures that go bump in the night aren't quite as make believe as they would like. Vampires and shapeshifters exist but no one knows if it's their neighbor, teacher, friend, lover... Priscilla 'Twitch' Maddington is a cat shifter. Any creature of the felidae family she could shift into, from the humble domestic short hair to the terrifying panther. She has one hidden form that not even the closest of confidant, her journal, gets in specific detail. Regis 'Reg' Filis is a secret vampire, wanting to have absolutely nothing to do with the Royal Court of vampires, he wants to pretend to be a human for as long as possible. Inevitably they clash with a wild one night stand after a night of clubbing. In the throes of passion Reg bit her and Fed, and since Twitch was an unmated female, a bond was formed. Neither one noticed right away, but all sorts of strange impulses and instincts start to creep up the longer they are apart.

29. More Each Day (short story/ romance)

A woman realizes that she falls in love with her boyfriend a little more each day. She starts to catalogue all the sneaky romantic things he does from waking her up gently to make love to her, to him having all of the ingredients in their house just to make her favourite dinner. For a man who was supposed to be a jerk, an asshole and an intimidating brute, her boyfriend is surprisingly gentle, sweet and caring. Is this all a show for her, or is the real show the mask he gives the world? Can she trust the love that is growing or would it be safer for her to leave it all behind?

30. Cain vs. Abel

Tati Abel is a wet works master. A professional sniper, she is calm, cool and deadly capable. Her latest job is her most challenging one yet; keep lead detective Jeremiah Cain alive. He is investigating what could be the handiwork of a brutal and efficient serial killer who is targeting the street workers. Since the victims are all working for the local seedy underside, they're not missed but Detective Cain cares about stopping a murderer. When signs start cropping up that his investigation has gathered the killer's attention, Tati starts having to get very creative to keep Cain alive and unaware of his killer guardian angel. Will Cain catch the right killer first or will they all go down in a splash of red?