Yule ball -Cedric Diggory-

Full credit to writer

You looked into the mirror again, probably for the fiftieth time.

"Y/n! Are you ready?" Your best friend, y/f/n, called out. You stared down at your beautiful serenity-blue dress, feeling nervous as ever. Y/f/n walked over to you, rolling her eyes, "I swear to Merlin, you look amazing. Now, can we please get moving? I feel like the Ball is ending soon." You laughed at your friend, nudging her with your elbow.

"Fine, fine," grinning wildly at her, you asked, "where are you going to meet Cormac?"

"Just by the Great Hall, I think. You sure you'll be okay going alone?" She frowned.

"I'll be fine! Have fun, y/f/n!" You said in a cheerful tone, but feeling a bit sad inside. You had someone who you wanted to go with, but you just couldn't bring up the nerve to ask him. You left your common room with your friend and headed to the Great Hall, "there's Cormac, I'll see you around!"

Sighing slightly, you walked around the Hall and tried to spot someone you knew. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" You apologized at the person whom you bumped into. Realizing that it was Cedric, you blushed and covered your mouth. He was wearing a nice tuxedo, looking as handsome as ever.

"Am I that scary for you to be frightened at the sight of me, y/n?" The grey-eyed boy chuckled.

"No! Um I mean, I guess I was just surprised to see you."

"Why so?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I thought you'd be dancing with some pretty girl right now." You looked away to the center of the room and saw y/f/n and her date dancing happily. "See, Cormac is dancing with one."

"Well, I wanted to, with a pretty one, but I didn't dare to ask her earlier." Cedric said, blinking blankly at the dance floor.

"What are you waiting for?" You felt the smile on your face disappear, as you wanted to dance with him. "Go ask her, no one would say no to you."

"How about you? Would you agree to dance with me?" he smiled nervously at you and looked down, scratching the back of his head. Your entire body froze, stunned by his request. You couldn't believe your ears, your crush is asking you to dance with him at the moment.

"Are you kidding me?" You exclaimed, "of course!" The both of you grinned wildly at each other and walked towards the dance floor. "I'm warning you, Cedric, I might step on your toes a lot." He chuckled at your remark and linked his hand with yours. You put your spare hand on his shoulder as he put his around your waist. The music started, and you two moved along with the rhythm.

"You look dashing tonight, y/l/n."

"You don't look too bad yourself either, Diggory." You blushed at the sight of him, "so, I'm the girl you wanted to dance with? Why?"

Cedric spun you around and stuck his tongue out, "Yeah, maybe because I-I-hadlikedyouforGodknowshowlong?"

You let out a tiny squeal and tried to say something back, but your heels tripped you and you fell. Cedric held you before you fell on the floor, by this time, your face was burning red.

"Careful," he brought you back up and stopped dancing, "you okay?"

"IlikeyoutooCedric!" You blurted out, still holding his arms. You let go almost immediately once you realized how loud you were. Y/f/n was beaming at you halfway across the room, even Professor Snape was staring at you.

Cedric went blank for awhile, as most of the school was looking at you two. Then he blushed and held your hand, "let's get out of here." He basically dragged you to the hallway. "Is it true? You like me?"

You nodded carefully, "I didn't think I could be less obvious, yes."

He opened his mouth but didn't know what to reply, instead, he hugged you with a bear hug. You crumbled the back of his blazer with a firm grip and smiled. He finally let go to look at you. "I thought I was the one being obvious."

"No, you weren't," you replied softly and left a kiss on his cheek.

"I-"

"Shhh!" You heard something collapsing and someone whispering. Cedric and you looked at the source of the sound and realized a large portion of the school was watching. "What are y-"

"Ron!"

"It wasn't me!"

"Sorry, I think that was me."

"Professor!!!"

You laughed so hard at the sight that your stomach hurt, Cedric doing the same. The night was incredible, as your biggest wish finally came true.