Chapter 4 ~ The Chip

(Emma's Point Of View)

"All right. So the lab is made up of two distinct layers, the security perimeter
and the clean room.

The stick we're looking for should be in this core.

So we're gonna have to get underneath, extract it, and replace it with a decoy.

Now, we're about to get to the chip. This is the thing about the chip, it's very thin.

Luckily, it's similar in weight and size to a playing card, so we're gonna have to brush up on our card-istry.

Well, at least you guys will." I explained the plan.

"What do you mean we? You have to also." Merritt looked at me questionably.

I smirked, turned around for a couple of seconds and then grabbed two cards in one hand and whipped them at Merritt.

They landed on either side of his face and his eyes widened.

"That's why." I smirked. "Just because I've been MIA doesn't mean i haven't been practicing." They all looked shocked. Lula smirked.

After they finished practicing, we continued with the plan.

"So how do we get in?" Jack asked.

"Hannes Pike. He's the son of a South African gangster. He's RSVP'd with what looks like a couple of members of his security detail. A couple of doctors, to vet it, I guess, and somebody named Buffy." I explained.

"Yeah, apparently, he travels with a different bimbo every week." Danny said.

"Hmm. I wonder which one of us
gets to play the bimbo." Lula smirked.

"Then our time is ticking to infiltrate the lab and get the card to the market, where me and Danny will hand it off to the Eye, so we can all get the hell home." I finished smirking.

At The Laboratory
(What Emma's wearing:)

At The Laboratory(What Emma's wearing:)

"Hannes, my old friend. So glad you could make it. I knew you had a soft spot for an old-school bidding war. How have you been?" The british man asked.

"I trust my people implicitly. What they say goes." Hannes copied what he had been told to say.

"Certainly. But I'm sure you'd like to see it for yourself. Hold it in your hands, check the build quality." The man continued but Hannes just rolled his window up.