Bonus chapter - 5

Beginne am Anfang

I glanced at her through the mirror and noticed her smiling victoriously.

"Mam, please don't move your head," my make-up artist let out a frustrated sigh after repeating the same thing for hundredth time and I bit back a laugh, glancing at Mahi who was doing the same.

That's the thing with best friends. You tend to forget what you're doing or what you're supposed to do.

"Sorry," I mumbled and stuck out my tongue to Mahi.

**

"You're looking so pretty jazz," Mahi exclaimed as they set the duppatta on my head, giving me the final touch.

I smiled shyly and turned towards the mirror, letting out a gasp as the girl standing infront me was not a typical Jessica Kapoor.

There was a girl wearing a bridal chokar, jhumkas and long necklace paired with matching head piece handcrafted with syndicate uncut diamonds, pale pink spinel and baroque Japanese cultured pearls. My make-up artist did a great job with simple make-up -- a nude lip and kohl rimmed eyes -- with a whimsical, edgy and romantic updo, adorned with a bouquet of Tuscan hydrangeas in white.

"You're going to take his breath away," Mahi whispered in my ear and unlocked her phone to open the camera. "Now let's take a selfie."

I turned towards her and smiled at the camera, ignoring the twisting knot in my stomach.

After taking the snap, she examined it and looked at me with concerned. "Are you okay, jazz?"

I sighed, "I'm nervous."

"Here drink this," she handed me a glass of water and said, "Travis is going to be here in five minutes. You better calm your nerves and listen, if you're going to shed tears or something then do it here. I'm not going to fix your make-up or something once we reached there and..."

"Mahi," I cut her in and added when she gave me a questioning look. "My make-up is waterproof."

And, then we both burst out laughing.

**

"Oh, Jessica it's you? Oh my God! You're looking so different," Travis exclaimed when I stepped out from the parlour. Then he turned to Mahi and said, "you too."

I giggled, "I hope it's in good way?"

"Ofcourse, you're looking lovely. Now stop fishing out for more compliments and get in the car. Max is already there," He winked and I felt the goosebumps rising on my skin.

Sensing my nervousness, he put his arms around my shoulder and smiled softly, "You will be fine. It's just pre-wedding jitters but you need to hold yourself. When I nodded slowly he continued, "Now, close your eyes, take a deep breath and imagine yourself already being there with Max. Who is waiting to take you with him to his country, his house."

Mahi rolled her eyes, "I'm inside the car. Join me when you guys are done."

After that, she opened the backseat door and went inside the car.

Travis gave me a questioning look on her strange behavior but I shook my head and told him the truth. "When I went to New York for studies, she was upset but there was a hope that I was coming back and now, I'm moving out permanently. She just don't want to accept this. That's why she is avoiding any kind of emotional conversation right now."

"Oh, I made her upset." His tone was apologetic.

"No worries. She will be fine. She is Mahi, after all," I chuckled.

"No doubt about that," he smiled. "Now let's go." He took my hand and let me towards the car.

"By the way, where is Roy? I thought he is coming with you?"

"He wanted to but then there is a ritual. Um..." He scratched his head to get the name. "Where brother in law would help the groom to step out from the horsecart." Then he noticed me laughing silently at him. "C'mon jazz, stop laughing."

"You were looking so cute," I stopped to catch my breath and added, "and yes, I know so you came with the driver?"

"Yes. Now move. We are getting late."

**

"Did you uploaded our picture on Instagram?" I asked Mahi, playing with my bangles.

"And give Max, the exclusive look of his bride. No way!!! This is my only chance to torture him," she grinned, scrolling her Facebook.

Travis chuckled from passenger seat. "I'm feeling so bad for your future husband."

"That's why I'm giving him time to enjoy his life freely. I'll wait for two more year before getting married."

"You got the guy?" Travis turned his head in our direction.

"Didn't I tell you about waiting for two more years?" Mahi lifted her face from the phone and raised her eyebrows.

"How can you say that when you don't know what's going to happen today?" I asked, bumping her shoulder.

"Listen, stop the nonsense right now and spill everything."

"What spill?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Jazz."

"Mahi."

"Jazz."

"Mahi..."

"Guys?" We both stopped and looked at Travis in confusion.

But my breath caught in my throat when I looked around.

"Get ready, we are here."

*****

I'm soooooo sorry for such late update but I kinda lost the touch.

I know, I promised about posting a wedding scene but you need to wait bit long.

This was something I wanted to write before ending the book. Jessica and Mahi's friendship is beautiful. And I really missed writing their scenes.

Actually I didn't plan anything for this chapter. I just had an idea that I'll write about wedding but when I started writing... Everything eventually came up.

I don't know why I included Travis in this.. it was just writer sense.

I hope you guys will enjoy it.

Don't forget to drop your views. It encourage me to write more. Like this chapter, I want to dedicate this to anterdeep

Who continuously drop comments and motivated me to update faster.

Thank you so much to every person who voted ☺️☺️☺️

Happy reading!