The reaping part one - Cato

I wake up just before sunrise. Now I sit cross legged on my bed. Trying to block out my fear of today. Of course it's futile. I keep thinking of Clove, leaving two and not coming back. Clove and I have been best friends for ages but I think I'm starting to like her as more than a friend. If we go to the Games and don't come back I want to know if she likes me back.
"Cato" Clove whispers from the door way
My head whips around and I feel alarmed even though it's just her. I start to relax a little. She comes and sits on my bed and automatically I put my arm around her like I did when we were little and scared. We have a small conversation. She says she doesn't want to come back without me here. I think now is as good a time as any.
"Clove" I whisper
"Yes" She says back meeting my eyes
"Hypothetically speaking if I said I loved you what would you says back" I say I can't catch if I'm blushing or not.
"I don't know. You've been my best friend forever and I think were we're going it won't last long." She says back
This way she's predictable I know this was going to be the answer and I'm happy with it.

Just then the bell starts wringing witch means we need to get up and face the day and our deaths. Clove flings her arms around me. I hug back just as scared as her.
"I don't want to go. Not without you" she says
"I'll be there every step of the way" I say
"We'll do it together" She starts. This has been our saying from when we started training for the games.
"Or not at all" I finish.