Chapter 3 - Boomer

I was just minding my own business, sitting on the throne, when my bro came in the room, screaming and looking happier than I think I'd ever seen him, even back in Chicago. I remember one time, when we were in our sophomore year when Rebecca Dawson came walking by us. She waved at Brady and he thought that meant they were meant to be together. If that was so, I wonder how she became my girlfriend. Even when we first met and she, along with everyone else called me and Brady, Booger and Lady......

"What's up, bro?" I asked him. I still couldn't believe how happy he was. But then I realized he'd only be this happy if he scored a date with a girl he really liked.... someone he'd been crushing on for a while..... which means it had to be one person....

"I scored a date with Mikayla! And it only took a year and a half!!!!" Brady hollered. I knew it.

I smiled. I was actually happy for him. He was so down when he found out Rebecca, or as we called her Awesome Dawson, was my girlfriend. I guess this kind of made up for it.

Brady was still celebrating and jumping around the room when Mason and Lanny came down.

"My King," started Mason. "Why are you so happy?" I was wondering if Brady was going to actually tell Mason the truth considering he's very protective of Mikayla.

"I know why he's happy," shouted Lanny. I'm not sure if sweet cousin Lanny was going to rat out Brady, but I guess I was about to find out. "I saw the whole thing unfold up in the Kings' room. Brady pulled Mikayla out so they could talk in private and then he asked her out on a date and she said yes."

"Your Majesty," began Mason. "I'm not sure if I'm okay with you dating my daughter. In fact, I'm not sure if it's good for you or Boomer to have a girlfriend."

That last part totally caught me off guard. "What! Are you saying I need to break up with my boo?" I couldn't imagine parting with Awesome Dawson. I finally got a popular girl to like me and call my Boomer and not Booger. "Are you really saying I need to give that up, Mason?"

He gave me a look. "Well Your Majesty, if your twin can't have a 'boo', - I could tell he was being sarcastic at the boo part - then neither can you."

I couldn't believe this. Wasn't I supposed to give orders to the guards and not the other way around? Oh well. Brady and I need them around to keep us safe from the Tarantula People and other dangerous things living in the jungle or the Dark Side.

I mean, it's not like me and Rebecca even hung out a lot anymore anyway. Ever since I became co-King of Kinkow, I've hardly seen her. She's visited a couple times, but her father found out about it and made her stop. I haven't seen her in months. I guess it would be for the best if we broke up....