Maxon's POV

I was so angry at what I had seen just a few hours ago. I thought she loved me, but I guess she was lying just the way I thought she was the whole time. Her soft hands, up against that guards chest made my heart pop out of me. She was cheating on me, with another man, in MY own home!!

We were sitting on a higher raised platform, me being the centre of attention. I was chatting to Kriss about what she desired for her future. I should've had been talking to America about this,  it would've had been pointless, cause all she would have had been talking about was that Leger.

"Maxon?" Kriss chimed. I hadn't realized what she had said. "Yes, my dear."
"Are you alright. You kind of side tracked."
"Yes dear, I am better than ever." Ever though I knew I was dying inside without seeing those crystal blue eyes and instead staring at soft brown ones.
"So again, how many children would you want to have in your future my dear?"

Kriss easily replied and then I turned around to see America looking towards the Leger guard. "Trying to arrange a time to meet later?" I asked her. She whipped her bead back toward me. "No, of course not." Her beautiful voice launched out.

"It's not like it matters. Kriss's family will be here this afternoon to celebrate, while yours will be taking you home. They don't like for the last loser to be alone. She tends to get dramatic."

What was I saying. These cruel, harsh words weren't mine, but they were. My heart was sulking by looking at her upset. "You can keep that house if you want. It's been paid for. I'd like my letters back though." No I didn't, I wanted those letters to stay in America's hands for the rest of her life. I was loosing every chance of trying to stay with her.

"I read them and I loved them." She whispered
" don't know what I was thinking." And I honestly didn't while telling America all this mumble jumble.

"Please don't do this. Please. I love you." I didn't know if those last words were true or not though. Her face was crumpling.

"Don't. You. Dare." I ordered her. She out a small, sad smile on her face. "That'll do. Now don't let that slip, do you understand?" She nodded. I sounded identical to my father. "I'll be glad when your gone."

After saying those words I looked back at everyone else and realized how much I loved America, and how much I would damage both our futures if I didn't choose her. HER ring was sitting in my pocket, and there was no chance of that fitting into Kriss"s finger. I had to do the right thing, and make everything better for me.

I knew at this point, who my choice was going to be.