"Where's Peter?" 

"He wasn't feeling too well, reckon he ate one too many bad beans, so he's in the room sleeping," answered Remus. He grabbed his drink and took a small sip but quickly set it back on the tray, hissing silently at his burnt tongue.

"Nice one, Moony," Sirius laughed at him, James joined him in his laughter as Remus burned bright red at their laughter.

"Oh yeah, Rosie, you never told us how your 'evaluation' with Dumbledore and the Professors went," said Remus.

"Thanks for that too, we got to skip Astronomy," Sirius added on quickly.

"It went fine. Couldn't handle the venomous tentacula though, that plant was brutal. I also brewed a near perfect Draught of Living Death potion, needed just a bit of work." 

The boys listened, amazed, as she just shrugged it off. Rosie's natural intelligence in school would never fail to baffle them. Sirius was convinced she was going to be known as the brightest witch of their age one day.

"Th-that's one of the hardest potions to brew!" James exclaimed, his hands flinging.

"Not that hard if you find the perfect amounts and remember, my dad is a potioneer like your dad, James. He taught me how to make a cure for boils when I could barely walk, granted it is a simple potion." Rosie laughed lightly, reminiscing the memories of when she was merely a child, standing over a steaming cauldron with her hair sticking to her forehead.

"Well, my mum always said to make sure that my wife would never be smarter than I am, but I don't think that I'm gonna listen to her, not that I ever did in the first place," Sirius said slyly with a smirk, his hair blowing wildly from the sudden burst of wind.

-

"C'mon Rosalie, you can do better than that!" Rosie's father shouted from behind the tree.

"Ascendio!" Rosie cast at her father, or rather, his head that was poking out from the tree. He quickly hid back behind the tree and ran towards another one while pointing his wand at Rosie, a flock of birds suddenly flying towards me. Rosie shrieked loudly and ran from the birds before finding herself face first in the snow.

"Ugh, dad, no fair," Rosie groan, brushing the snow off her body. Suddenly, a hand helped her up.

"Sirius?" Rosie questioned, recognizing his rings.

"Nice work, my boy," Alexander said from behind Sirius, patting his back with so much force Sirius stumbled forward a bit. Rosie glared at Sirius -- the culprit who tripped her.

"That's not fair! I want a rematch with Remus on my side," Rosie huffed, glaring playfully at the two.

"No, no, you never said we couldn't have partners," said Alexander coyly, high-fiving Sirius.

"Rosaline, Alex, Sirius! Come in, dinner's ready!" Rosie's mum and Mrs. Potter called.

"Ok Mum/Eliza/Mrs. Winters!" the three called out in sync before turning to each other slowly.

"Race you back to the house!" they all shouted to each other. 

Before any of them could start, Rosie ran towards the large house, kicking snow to the person behind her.

"C'mon Rosie, I just did my hair!" Sirius shouted from behind her in exasperation. Rosie laughed even louder until she finally reached the house, running through the door and dropping on a chair. Sirius was next to come in, and Alexander soon after.

Mrs. Winters and Mrs. Potter both looked at each other before shaking their heads.

"Thank you, again, Euphemia, for having us over tonight," Elizabeth thanked Mrs. Potter, a warm smile on her red lips that matched her dark red hair.