Quirky Me

: l o u i s :

" Come on Louis. Please? " Lilly yells across the room at me.

" You're 21 Lilly. Grow up a little. I'm not going. " I glare at her.

" But please. I just want to go to the Zoo. You're only this young for a while. " She pleads.

" You know who works at the Zoo. You know why I won't go. "

" So what if Harry works there? Not like ex's bite. " She giggles.

" Well this one does. Right in the ass every time. " I scoff.

" It's the weekend Louis. Can't you let go of your gay weirdness for just a day. It's a guy I mean he probably doesn't even remember your name. "

" I'm not weird and no I can't. I won't go. " I fold my arms across my chest.

" Well you can just stay here and squander in self pity all day then. Alone. " She turns away, but doesn't leave.

" I will. Why do you even want me to go anyways? " I ask.

" Well I mean. I don't need you.. but Austin works at the Zoo. " She blushes.

" Oh so it's weird when I say that, but not when you do? Can't you let go of your strait weirdness for just a day? "

" Yes, but I'm a girl and no I can't. " She makes an attempt at defending herself.

" Yeah and I'm gay. Today we're watching movies. End of story. What do you want to watch? "

" What movies do you have? " I'm glad she decides not to argue with me.

**********

After we had watched Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, Princess and the bride, and Bridesmaids. Some of them I'm quite embarrassed I own.

" Hey Louis? " Lilly asks almost asleep on my couch after Bridesmaids was over.

" Yeah? "

" Wanna make cookies? " She asks sounding a bit excited.

" Now? " I'm confused by her sudden excitement.

" Yes now. " She jumps up off the couch.

" But I don't have anything to make cookies with Lilly. "

" Well let's go to the store then. Duh. " She giggles and runs to get her shoes on.

" You're wearing your pajamas you idiot. " I say as I slip on a pair of shoes.

" So? You wanna drive? Or should I? " I bend down to tie my shoes.

" I'll drive. " We walk out and get into Lilly's VW Bug.

**********

We finally got home with all the ingredients to make cookies and it had taken us an hour. We had gotten the ingredients and were ready to head home, but Lilly saw her aunt there. So it was a while before I got them to finish talking. I sit down on the couch and...

: l i l l y :

" Okay. " I set all the ingredients on the counter. " Can we start making the cookies now? "

No answer.

" Louis? "

No answer.

I go out of the kitchen and around to the living room. On the couch is Louis. Sleeping. So I leave him be and make the cookies by myself.

I put the batter in the oven and set the timer.

I sit down next to Louis. Who's still sleeping. I push him over just enough so that I can sit down and turn on the t.v. and I look through the channels.

Cooking show... Soap opera... Dog show... advertisement... Reality t.v. show...

There's nothing on I'd watch... I fall asleep next to Louis.

: l o u i s :

A timer goes off and I snap back into reality. I would (if I wasn't gay) find it awkward that there's a girl asleep on top of me, but for some reason. It's not awkward at all. I pick Lilly up and carry her over to a chair and set her down as I go over and take out the cookies. We are obviously reckless bakers, seeing that we both fell asleep and by the looks of things, burnt a dozen cookies.