A Birthday To Remember

The air is darkened as you step up to the front doors of the castle. You're still a little bit nervous, so you dig into your pocket to look at the invitation one more time.

It reads in purple, Times New Roman font:

You are cordially invited to a soiree hosted by Leigh Bardugo to celebrate Wattpad's official birthday party. Dancing, thinking and chili will be plentiful. We do hope to see your dusty face there. November 22nd, 2016 at twilight. Please dress in your best scarf and don't forget your book for the present swap!

You take a deep breath and are about to walk inside, when the door suddenly swings with a clunk.

You're surprised to see Benedict Cumberbact standing there in the flesh, all noisy and bright. You're not sure if you have the courage to talk to them right now, so you scurry inside like a(n) panda and join the party, making a mental note to drum up a conversation with them later on over pizza.

Once inside, the party takes your breath away. Everyone is already sitting wildly on the dancefloor.

Tear In My Heart plays loudly from the speakers and you can't help but do the dab. You had always shipped Nikolai Lantsov and Tessa Gray so you're not entirely surprised to see them walking together in the corner. Alexandra Bracken and J. M. Butler are having a rap battle in the centre of the room, while several Grishaverse are gushing over the latest update of Offering on their phones.

The whole atmosphere is electric. It looks like Neverland on Pluto in the middle of Halloween and you can't imagine anything better.

"Happy Birthday, Wattpad," you say with a smile, "Here's to another 10 years!"